ACC knows how to flex on us all

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well yeah, you don't have all those other ACC teams on your non-conference schedules. ** Seriously, that's pretty sad. I understand why FSU and Clemson want out.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Every time I think I'm halfway getting excited for football season (which I used to love to do right up until about 7-8 years ago), I get reminded of how 17ing stupid all of this crap is. As if NIL and portal and all that wasn't enough, you literally can't screw up the conferences any worse. With just a MINIMAL level of common sense instead of making everything 100% about the almighty dollar, we could still have some cool regionality.

1) If the B1G had just taken Stanford and Cal too, and become like the B2G Rose Conference or something;
2) If the Big 12 had taken Oregon State, Washington State and then picked up SMU;
3) If the ACC had picked up UCF, West Virginia and Cincinnati.

Instead, we have the most FUBAR situation imaginable.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Every time I think I'm halfway getting excited for football season (which I used to love to do right up until about 7-8 years ago), I get reminded of how 17ing stupid all of this crap is. As if NIL and portal and all that wasn't enough, you literally can't screw up the conferences any worse. With just a MINIMAL level of common sense instead of making everything 100% about the almighty dollar, we could still have some cool regionality.

1) If the B1G had just taken Stanford and Cal too, and become like the B2G Rose Conference or something;
2) If the Big 12 had taken Oregon State, Washington State and then picked up SMU;
3) If the ACC had picked up UCF, West Virginia and Cincinnati.

Instead, we have the most FUBAR situation imaginable.
I think within 5 years it’s going to correct itself. Maybe separate football out or something because it’s not sustainable for the rest of the sports.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I think within 5 years it’s going to correct itself. Maybe separate football out or something because it’s not sustainable for the rest of the sports.
I agree. I think you're going to see football(maybe basketball) have separate conferences. All other sports will be in more regional conferences.

Reactions: MarkDallas

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
In a related story….the ACC is now facing an unprecedented 3rd lawsuit, this time for blatant copyright infringement….

View attachment 618846
Bower Power!

I remember when I was at Southern Miss, there was a season ticket commercial with the Anyone Anywhere Anytime slogan. It had a guy in a Notre Dame sweatshirt walking through a field. He looked down at a football confusingly, then he gets tackled by 3 Southern Miss football players. Then the Anyone Anywhere Anytime slogan appears. It looked like it was taped with a handicam.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login