According to a former player, Gordon is going pro.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
A former player was leaving a business establishment as I was walking in this morning and the guy he was talking to told me that he said Jamont was leaving. I'm not trying to claim this as gospel, just passing along the info.

I don't really believe it because I don't think Jamont could possibly be 100% either way.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
A former player was leaving a business establishment as I was walking in this morning and the guy he was talking to told me that he said Jamont was leaving. I'm not trying to claim this as gospel, just passing along the info.

I don't really believe it because I don't think Jamont could possibly be 100% either way.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
considering he tested the waters last year. I'll be more surprised if he returns</p>

G

Goat Holder

and for whatever reason, I don't care if he comes back or not. I like having him, but if he leaves I will not be heartbroken.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
My info is second hand, but he's still planning on leaving.

Rarely does one's stock improve between their junior and senior years. Even if he ends up overseas, his starting salary will be better than most of his fellow "classmates".

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
if he stays, it is some continuity and major talent for us next year.

If he goes, others will have to step up, and hopefully our offense will stop standing and waiting on the Jamont show. I got so sick of that this year.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
he will never play in the NBA, so coming abck doesn't help. He can play oversees but for only so many years (like any pro, there is a shelf life for your services). Why not go ahead and make money playing basketball if you know it will only last for so long?

Jan 13, 2008
darryl Wilson is still playing pro ball in Italy. Its not exactly like Gordon only has 2 years to play pro ball. Who leaves after their junior year to pay overseas? That's ridiculous, regardless of the money.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
But I don't think you can call it rediculous that someone else would choose to earn a living in their profession for 12 years instead of 11 (random numbers).

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I would come back if it were me, but it isn't, and that's what I was saying. I doubt he comes back and I don't fault him. I do hope he comes back because we need him, and more importantly we need stability.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
I think we all agree that Jamont really can't help his draft stock, so if you consider that he only has 12 to 15 years of playing ball left in his body, to risk injury, and to waste a year of earning ability seems like a poor decision.

Also the D-league is actually helping players get to and stay in the NBA. Sure its not sexy, but there have been several players this year get the call up from the D-league and stick on an NBA roster.

Look at Roy Hibbert at Georgetown, if he came out last year he was a first round pick now he should start taking Spanish or Russian, because he is not a first round player.

Also, this year's draft is fairly weak, and he could possibly sneak into first round if some team really likes his game.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I just meant "you" to mean anyone. I was referring to what JacksonDevil said.

I would come back too. But I sure couldn't blame Jamont if he decides to leave.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
OMlawdog said:
Look at Roy Hibbert at Georgetown, if he came out last year he was a first round pick now he should start taking Spanish or Russian, because he is not a first round player.

Also, this year's draft is fairly weak, and he could possibly sneak into first round if some team really likes his game.

</p>I can just about guarantee you that Hibbert goes in the first round.

And this draft is not that weak. There is a lack of quality big men. ****, Tabeet is a projected lottery pick. At guard however, especially point guard, it's looking pretty strong.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I thought I was one of the minority that said J-Money was not an NBA player..

Where are the J-Money Lottery Pick Posters now?

Aug 30, 2006
unless I missed the thread, I have not seen anyone on SPS say that Jamont was a lottery pick this year. The board has been pretty unanimous that JMoney is a 2nd rounder at best and most likely an NBDL player or European pro. You definitely are not a minority.

Jan 13, 2008
this draft is very guard heavy. Pg heavy, in fact. I know rivals lists him as the best pg in the nation, but the NBA doesn't look at that.

bizZaX

Mar 22, 2008
He'll be pretty strong overseas... another Timmy Bowers maybe. At least Charles has a position he can actually play at in the bigs. Jamont cant really declare where he is, i mean he has played point guard for the past 3 years for State. So to go to the NBA and NOW have to switch positions, there is hundreds of players like him at the forward position in the NBA, its not a good choice.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
of the dollar ($), European ball seems a better option for a "tweener" anyways.

Nothing like hot Euro-trash women either.

Gordon will probably come back. Hard to give up being the king vs. being a team player where nobody speaks English. Hopefully, Jamont will continue his evolution of being a team player and do so while still being able to whip out a bad ***/needed score when needed.

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
please stop posting.. you are an idiot.. SPS has almost unanimously said that Gordon will have limited, if not zero, impact in the NBA.. I can't even name a poster on here that has ever said otherwise...

Go back to your Stansbury bashing.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
fishwater99 said:

</p>Very easy answer for that......there were none. I guess that's why you are asking where they are because they were never here.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
fishwater99 said:

</p>So two or three posters make a majority on this board now? That has to be so since only two or three posters said Jamont would be a top NBA prospect and you said you were in the minority for disagreeing.

Jamont is neither fast enough to play PG or consistent enough of an outside shooter to play SG in the NBA. I seem to remember myself and Sesh arguing those points with a couple of posters a long while back, but I don't seem to remember a large contigent of posters thinking Jamont was a Lottery Pick. I've asked this before and I will do so again, why do you and some of your ilk always exaggerate in your posts?

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
fishwater99 said:

</p>I don't think I've ever seen anybody here say he was a lottery pick.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
The Lottery pick posters was a joke..
You take everything I say so seriously...

My point is that I have said that J-Money will not play in the NBA.
I also said Jamont is not an NBA point guard.
So you are now saying that you agree with me that Jamont will not play in the NBA?
Glad some of you can see clearly now.
Several months ago I was the minority, now I seem to be in the majority.
Thanks

So</p>

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
JacksonDevilDog said:
Who leaves after their junior year to pay overseas? That's ridiculous, regardless of the money.

Kennedy Winston, thats who.
</p>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
fishwater99 said:
The Lottery pick posters was a joke..
You take everything I say so seriously...

My point is that I have said that J-Money will not play in the NBA.
I also said Jamont is not an NBA point guard.
So you are now saying that you agree with me that Jamont will not play in the NBA?
Glad some of you can see clearly now.
Several months ago I was the minority, now I seem to be in the majority.
Thanks

So</p>

</p>The village idiot strikes again. If there is one thing everyone on this board should take to heart it is when this guys speaks, we all should listen. He throws out nuggets if wisdom like Henig throws interceptions

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
So has the vast, vast majority of this board. Way to pat yourself on the back though. Is there any other topic that is almost universally agreed upon by this board that you'd like to take credit for saying first and proving the rest of us wrong about? Perhaps you'll come forth and tell us the Orgeron experiment was a bad idea. Maybe you'll fill us on on whether Rod Barnes will get the job done or not. I know, perhaps you can tell us that you think Polk is doing a terrible job this year so we can all disagree with you, but then finally be persuaded to your side when Polk gets off to a rough start. I see so many flocking to Polk's side now, you may want to go ahead and get ahead of this thing.

You see how that works? That's called exaggerating. I took what you said and went to extremes with it. That is what you do everytime you post and it gets old.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
I said Outlaw was a fool for declaring. I would have never dreamed he was a 1st rounder. I don't think JG is either, but my draft projections are **** when it comes to the NBA.I thought Monta would go 1st round. So JG could go top 10 for all I know.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
this way, its like OP4 said...he either can stay in starkville or go to europe (worst case scenario) and make 6 figures...it's not that hard to figure out. what some on here don't get or understand is that players in europe make a VERY generous salary. come on people. get serious. i hope i'm wrong, but i just don't see him coming back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login