According to Rebs, "distracted Dan Mullen" was not an excuse.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
My, my how the tables have turned.

Now they get to worry about their coach sniffing around every other job opening.

Enjoy it. Hopefully, it screws you as much as it screwed us.

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
if he keeps current trajectory that problem will be solved. He is officially the most over paid coach.
That title is still Jimbo's to lose.
But, yes, anything less than 9 wins a season going forward means Lane will be right up there at the top of the overpaid.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm thinking tsun also didn't have any no shows for the bowl game either. How do you go for it on your own 11 down 3 in the 2nd qtr and get paid a dime for your job?

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
This was sent to me if you want to bathe in the tears.

These guys and their NIL talk. I don't believe any writer for any school knows how much their school has in NIL.
Raised $10 million this year. 85 scholarship players. $117k per player?
Next year saying don't be surprised if it's $20 million. $235k per player? Annually?
That seems really inflated at a per player dollar amount.
Not saying NIL is not important. But, I have a hard time believing it's that much at a place that is not made of money like an A&M.
And, there is going to be a huge opportunity for money ball type places to be able to find players that are not as expensive as others that can give replacement level or better performance.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
I'm thinking tsun also didn't have any no shows for the bowl game either. How do you go for it on your own 11 down 3 in the 2nd qtr and get paid a dime for your job?
he wants to be seen as some kind of revolutionary coach, one who never punts or kicks field goals. probably next year he won't even have a punter on his team. someone forgot to tell him that there was a reason why the other 7,143 former college football coaches didn't try this before him.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
I disagree when you compare the money A&M has compared to Ole Miss. A&M gave away a little piece of land. Ole Miss gave away everything. A&M can afford the mistake they made, Old Miss not so much. Pennies to 100-dollar bills.
Exactly. It’s like when a billionaire buys a car. If he gets a lemon, no big deal, get another car. But when a working person buys a lemon, they are stuck with it.

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
Are we not even going to discuss the ad where they want their fans to include them in Estate planning so they get your money and your kids get booster points. I would guess those conversations happen behind closed doors to big money boosters but to run an ad is interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
Are we not even going to discuss the ad where they want their fans to include them in Estate planning so they get your money and your kids get booster points. I would guess those conversations happen behind closed doors to big money boosters but to run an ad is interesting.
I’ve seen estate planning giving in some of MSU’s requests I get. Not necessarily an ad I guess, but it is very much a part of our giving programs.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
If you think about it, Talk of Champions is the perfect name for them because there is a lot of talk about it but no actually results.
I listened to SportsTalk MS yesterday and it was pretty great to listen. Richard is struggling right now. He was leading from the front on how great Lane is because he had zero opt outs in the bowl and how the team is now focused because the auburn rumors are gone and they were going to win by multiple scores. Yesterday, he was screaming about the refs and calling them idiots. In the middle of the season, cross also said he believed ole miss would go 11-1. Borkey on the other hand is saying Lane needs to show loyalty to Ole Miss and basically bow down before all the fans and kiss their feet. He can’t believe a coach would be shopping offers every year while being a coach at the power that is Ole Miss

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I heard $3 million of their alleged $10 million is a line of credit. No lie.
I too have heard that. I also saw that the grove collective had their own box suite in the Texas Bowl. Did there really use the donation money for some of their donors to have a box?

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
OM is the king of playing off an *** kicking as a meaningless game that they are not concerned with, when everyone knows it’s killing them.
You're right. Those two clowns were trying to act like Ole Miss was above playing in the Texas Bowl. Historically speaking, especially in modern college football, the Texas Bowl was a little too high for them. Historically they are an Independence, Liberty, Birmingham Bowl type team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login