Active shooter at northpark mall in Ridgeland

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Crap like that always seems to start in the food court. Worked at Metrocenter way back when and can't count the number of times fights were started and broken up in the food court.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Is it an active shooter or a fight where somebody pulled a gun?
Good question. Not trying to downplay someone pulling a gun regardless of the situation but there is definitely a difference in a gun being shot and directed at a certain person vs just walking around shooting randomly, which is what I typically think about when I hear “active shooter”

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Probly them damn white supremacists at it again. It's gonna be okay tho cause diversity is our greatest strength
Just out of curiosity, would you rather we weren’t diverse? Like you wish we were all the same? I’m sure you didn’t mean that. But someone who read what you wrote might misinterpret it to mean such.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Pro tip if you have to go in Northpark, park at dillards. Walk through men’s section. It comes out dead center of mall at escalators. You can get in and out unnoticed. The food court has waaay too many 18-24 unemployed demo just watching everything. I was not surprised to hear this is where that happened. Northpark is still much better than late 90s/early 2000s metro center but it’s trending that way. It’s a huge money maker for the city so I’m sure they up police presence.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pro tip if you have to go in Northpark, park at dillards. Walk through men’s section. It comes out dead center of mall at escalators. You can get in and out unnoticed. The food court has waaay too many 18-24 unemployed demo just watching everything. I was not surprised to hear this is where that happened. Northpark is still much better than late 90s/early 2000s metro center but it’s trending that way. It’s a huge money maker for the city so I’m sure they up police presence.
This is especially good advice since the once per year or so I go to Northpark, it’s almost always to go to the Dillards men’s department.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I don't see as many white and black folk running around nowadays......started seeing a lot more milk chocolates or high yowlers. I figure about 50 years from now, we'll be a nation of homogenized nestle quick folk. And there goes your diversity.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
This and kevlar.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Literally, the only reason I ever go to North Park. They still have some great sales on menswear that the majority clientele don't seem interested in.
So it's you two I see in the men's dept. when I sneak in the back door as well (also once or twice a year). Amazing they're still open.

Just damn sad from what was a bustling place and I won't even start on Metro and what it used to be.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Literally, the only reason I ever go to North Park. They still have some great sales on menswear that the majority clientele don't seem interested in.
Ya Dillards still has great menswear. Plus when you go down the escalator you can easily pick up wifey gifts from Kay or Zales that were ordered online. I’m still not comfortable getting certain items shipped to my house I’d rather ship to store & inspect.

Reactions: patdog

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
I STILL GET MY CUSTOM TSHIRTS MADE THERE. JOJO DOES A REAL NICE JOB ON THE 2 PALM TREES WITH THE PINK FLAMINGO DESIGNS

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
I don't see as many white and black folk running around nowadays......started seeing a lot more milk chocolates or high yowlers. I figure about 50 years from now, we'll be a nation of homogenized nestle quick folk. And there goes your diversity.
Brock Ohurn No GIF by Boo! A Madea Halloween

#NB4DALOCK

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login