AD Search Update from D1 Ticker

MSU Grad

Mar 17, 2022
CollegeAD indicates Mississippi State still plans to select a new AD this week & that San Diego State AD Wicker ultimately “opted not to pursue the opening.”

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I sent email but they did not reply. I guess I should have hired Sexton. That would have showed them.

Reactions: drumrcraig

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
These agents, they all say, yes you can talk to my client, but if he's not chosen, he gets to say he withdrew from consideration. It's standard now.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
I’m taking all news with a grain of salt until we get the latest update from AthleticDirectorScoop.com
Personally, from my experience the story always breaks from a reliable source quoted by an anonymous poster who has a well placed anonymous contact. Those are hardly ever wrong.***

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I have removed my name from consideration as Gisele Bündchen's next pool boy.

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
Well honestly, the guy is living in San Diego. San Diego or Starkville ? Idk.
I absolutely love San Diego and don’t disagree with you at all. The weather is absolutely perfect there but it is an expensive and increasingly crime-ridden city. There are some great communities north of SD up the coast but they are still extremely expensive. The bottom line is if you make a lot of money in Starkville with the low cost of living you can fly the family out to San Diego or anywhere else in the country for that matter on a regular basis. That’s basically what BH and ML did. Of course an AD doesn’t make that kind of money but they aren’t making peanuts either so the principle still applies.

Reactions: onewoof

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I absolutely love San Diego and don’t disagree with you at all. The weather is absolutely perfect there but it is an expensive and increasingly crime-ridden city. There are some great communities north of SD up the coast but they are still extremely expensive. The bottom line is if you make a lot of money in Starkville with the low cost of living you can fly the family out to San Diego or anywhere else in the country for that matter on a regular basis. That’s basically what BH and ML did. Of course an AD doesn’t make that kind of money but they aren’t making peanuts either so the principle still applies.
Yup. On top of that, he was making somewhere south of $500k in San Diego. Certainly good money but you're not living the high life after paying for housing.

I'm not sure what we'll pay our ne wAD but I'm guessing it will be closer to the $650k to $700k range. That does let you live the high life in Starkville.

Reactions: Bully1972
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login