Adam Schefter of ESPN reporting Harbaugh is gone to the Chargers.......

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I dont blame him at all.

That dude gave everything there. They made him take a pay cut to stay (not a blue blood move). he went to 3 straight playoffs and then wont it all while OSU fumbled.

he will leave a michigan hero

Reactions: Dawg1976

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I’m all for jumping to the NFL, but that doesn’t seem like the franchise I would want.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The crying and cussing coach who took over while Harbaugh was suspended will replace him and will fail. Watching Bama and Michigan struggle next year is going to be glorious
Yep I like how they tried to act like they didn't need Harbaugh. They gonna find out the hard way.

But I do think hiring Moore is the right move right now. Sometimes you just have to do that and fail for a little while, in order to reset things.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m all for jumping to the NFL, but that doesn’t seem like the franchise I would want.
I haven’t looked to see where they are salary cap wise but there’s some good pieces there to work with. It’s probably better than the rest of the jobs that were open.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
And the dominoes could start falling if they don't hire internally.
I think the weeping and gnashing of teeth if they don't hire internally is going to be epic.

I think they have to elevate the guy who was interim when Harbaugh was suspended. But that's gonna be a lot less exciting for all of us.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
But I do think hiring Moore is the right move right now. Sometimes you just have to do that and fail for a little while, in order to reset things.
It was the wrong move when he promoted Arnett, and it's even more the wrong move for Michigan to promote Moore. They could get a very good proven coach instead of someone learning on the job.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It was the wrong move when he promoted Arnett, and it's even more the wrong move for Michigan to promote Moore. They could get a very good proven coach instead of someone learning on the job.
Disagree on both. When things are working, you hire from within. For us, you may say that hiring Arnett instead of Spurrier Jr. was the mistake, but that's up to the AD (or in our case, president) to judge who the best candidate is.

If it doesn't work, you just move on and then it's much easier to 'reset' and get a better candidate. It's overall much better politically, with the masses, etc. It's a palatable move to promote from within.

We didn't promote from within when Mullen left, and how did that work for us?

I am curious how the Deboer thing will turn out at Bama. I'm of the opinion he's got a skillset that works for the 2nd tier teams but may not for the top tier. He may turn Bama into something they aren't used to being. Now, of course it was a good move for Deboer's wallet - so I'm not talking about money here, I'm talking wins and losses.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Disagree on both. When things are working, you hire from within. For us, you may say that hiring Arnett instead of Spurrier Jr. was the mistake, but that's up to the AD (or in our case, president) to judge who the best candidate is.

If it doesn't work, you just move on and then it's much easier to 'reset' and get a better candidate. It's overall much better politically, with the masses, etc. It's a palatable move to promote from within.

We didn't promote from within when Mullen left, and how did that work for us?

I am curious how the Deboer thing will turn out at Bama. I'm of the opinion he's got a skillset that works for the 2nd tier teams but may not for the top tier. He may turn Bama into something they aren't used to being. Now, of course it was a good move for Deboer's wallet - so I'm not talking about money here, I'm talking wins and losses.
So much wrong in your post, I almost don't know where to start.
Spurrier would have been just as big a mistake as Arnett was.
WTF does this even mean that it's better politically and palatable to promote from within? That's just not true at all.
Wins and losses, Moorhead worked better than any coach we've had other than Mullen since the 1950s. I agree he wasn't the right hire though.
And Deboer will win more games at Alabama than Moore will win at Michigan. You can count on that. That was a good hire.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So much wrong in your post, I almost don't know where to start.
Spurrier would have been just as big a mistake as Arnett was.
WTF does this even mean that it's better politically and palatable to promote from within? That's just not true at all.
Wins and losses, Moorhead worked better than any coach we've had other than Mullen since the 1950s. I agree he wasn't the right hire though.
And Deboer will win more games at Alabama than Moore will win at Michigan. You can count on that. That was a good hire.
Stop. Don't even pretend to go that route. You have to compare to expectations, previous years, trends, etc. Moorhead was a total disaster.

I mean you routinely say the 2020 all-SEC schedule is the same as a typical schedule as far as wins and losses, so I'm not surprised that this is your opinion.

You also tried to use Cohen's baseball record against him up until 2012 when he just straight shut ya'll up. Not even considering that the first 2 years were a total rebuild due to the Polk 2 disaster.

But WiNs AnD lOsSeS. With zero context.

Deboer may very well win more. Who knows. Ws/Ls is a comparable means to compare between Bama/Michigan, as they are both national title caliber teams in the P5.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Moore would be a huge mistake.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I haven’t looked to see where they are salary cap wise but there’s some good pieces there to work with. It’s probably better than the rest of the jobs that were open.
I don’t mean the talent on the roster, more the ownership and resources and reputation. The Chargers are a tenant in their home stadium. They just seem like a franchise that cuts corners. It’s not lost on NFL players either. The NFLPA actually grades each franchise on categories like “Travel” and “Family Treatment” - the Chargers were by far the worst in the NFL last year according to players.

I think they have a new facility opening up this year. That should help, but still:

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I can't wait to read all the articles on footballscoop about Kiffin being on the short list. I'm sure they mention him for every single opening just like they did Mullinz.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don’t mean the talent on the roster, more the ownership and resources and reputation. The Chargers are a tenant in their home stadium. They just seem like a franchise that cuts corners. It’s not lost on NFL players either. The NFLPA actually grades each franchise on categories like “Travel” and “Family Treatment” - the Chargers were by far the worst in the NFL last year according to players.

I think they have a new facility opening up this year. That should help, but still:

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login