Adidas NIL Pick-a-player jerseys

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Sorry if Germans, but I saw a recent Tweet from the athletic dept. about a new option to buy jerseys and select a current player's name.

Great concept, but I'm not a fan of the "knockoff" jerseys with the gray numbers.

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
They look nice. Just curious though, I'm 60 and forget what age I know longer cared to have another's man's name on my back. Any other opinions? I'm not knocking anybody who does because I don't think it's that bigga deal. And I do admit to having a Yankee Pinstripe Jersey I wear that just has the # 3 on the back (no name needed).. And I'm not even a Yankees fan, just a Ruth fan and I've always thought Yankee Pinstripes were the best lookin' of all MLB Jerseys.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
They look nice. Just curious though, I'm 60 and forget what age I know longer cared to have another's man's name on my back. Any other opinions? I'm not knocking anybody who does because I don't think it's that bigga deal. And I do admit to having a Yankee Pinstripe Jersey I wear that just has the # 3 on the back (no name needed).. And I'm not even a Yankees fan, just a Ruth fan.
Seems like MLB jerseys get a pass on the “not cool” rules.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I like the rule of thumb that you can only wear the jersey of a player older than you. I got a Prescott Cowboys jersey for Christmas a few years ago (because it was apparently the law in Mississippi), but I rarely wear it.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I like the rule of thumb that you can only wear the jersey of a player older than you. I got a Prescott Cowboys jersey for Christmas a few years ago (because it was apparently the law in Mississippi), but I rarely wear it.
I haven't had a player jersey since my late 20's. Yeah, I like the "older player than you" rule. If I were to wear a player jersey or t-shirt jersey it would be guys like Pete Rose, Dave Concepcion, Tom Seaver, or Nolan Ryan.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Rules to what you wear? Sounds like that BS Clay Travis was spewing a year or two ago.

Seriously who comes up with this stuff? I bought a Chris Jones jersey after the Super Bowl and I plan on wearing it unless it ends up like the Jeffery Simmons jersey I purchased when he was first drafted

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login