After 4 innings of baseball

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Sod was laid earlier and it was too loose. Just like.......

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I’ll admit, Ajax is good home cooking but is it really any better than Cracker Barrel?
I’ve never gotten the Ajax love. Every town of decent size in Mississippi has a similar restaurant that’s as good or better.

Their vegetables come from a can like everyone else’s.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
You are wrong Faustdog! The pot roast at Ajax is the best. Never miss a chance to eat there.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
You are wrong Faustdog! The pot roast at Ajax is the best. Never miss a chance to eat there.
I’ve eaten there once, and it was as good or better than any other meat and three type place I’ve eaten at. Handy Andy is probably my favorite place to eat up there, though.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lane Burroughs says no problem, I’m sure they’ll agree to pick the game up where it left off. **

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
The chicken on a stick at that gas station isn’t even real chicken on a stick. Its just one long *** chicken tender.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
The chicken on a stick at that gas station isn’t even real chicken on a stick. Its just one long *** chicken tender.

Yep.

Oxford has exactly one restaurant that is uniquely good, and that's Saint Leo. The rest are mediocre or worse and survive on nostalgia.

Proud Larry's is bad pizza. City Grocery and Boure, meh.

Big Bad Breakfast is the worst. They have somehow managed to mess up bacon.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Yep.

Oxford has exactly one restaurant that is uniquely good, and that's Saint Leo. The rest are mediocre or worse and survive on nostalgia.

Amen on BBB. Their biscuits taste like they mix sawdust in the dough. The Grillhouse is pretty good. The one in Oxford is better than the one in Tupelo.

Reactions: Faustdog

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Yep.

I just looked at the St. Leo menu. Boy are they proud of their stuff, good lord.

How anybody can eat anything in a town that reeks of Axe body spray is beyond me.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Amen on BBB. Their biscuits taste like they mix sawdust in the dough. The Grillhouse is pretty good. The one in Oxford is better than the one in Tupelo.

I do like The Grillhouse. They cook their steaks properly, and their sides are top notch.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I couldn't believe I was eating at the place people were talking about when I ate at Big Bad Breakfast. It was pretty bad all right. And way overpriced.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I’ll admit, Ajax is good home cooking but is it really any better than Cracker Barrel?
I happen to be a pretty big fan of Ajax, but I enjoy shidding on Oxford as much as the next guy. So instead of Grenada without the lake, I think we can add “Cracker Barrel without the charm” to the lexicon.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
5 meals in Oxford in the last 10 years. None of them decent

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login