After a loss this board is more fun

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
With political topics versus football topics.

If you think we should fire leach based on Saturday or anything he’s done so far, YOU ARE STUPID.

I understand not everyone wants that, but some of you RETARDS do.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Everybody knows this is a 5-7 year situation with Leach (or longer), until he gets tired of coaching. So no matter how the idiots feel, nothing is going to happen. It's not like Moorhead's asylum. Leach simply won't allow that, he's never going to be bad enough to fire. May as well get on board whether you love or hate Leach.

Most all coaches start running thin about 10 years, just like Leach did at Tech. And they've sucked since then. He survived all the noose and Trump stuff, so Leach likely won't have another scandal for a good 5 years.

It's just a futile effort to fight it. And it sure makes the board more annoying. Not that the idiots care about that.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
You’re overreacting. No one is calling for his head in the middle of the season. Let the year play out. I say if we lose the rest of our games, but Will Rodgers still leads the nation in completions per game, I say we give Leach a raise and extension.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Here Here! Because everybody knows that throwing for big yards and completions is what we pay him MILLIONS for. Damn the wins, lets pad the stats and talk about pirates!

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Here Here! Because everybody knows that throwing for big yards and completions is what we pay him MILLIONS for. Damn the wins, lets pad the stats and talk about pirates!
But....he HAS won, comparatively to the schedule and talent profile. That's precisely where guys like you show themselves to be idiots. Next thing you'll do is tell me his Egg Bowl record, amirite? Not EVER taking into account that Moorhead had a great talent profile left by Mullen (and faced Matt Luke), and Leach....well....didn't.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You’re overreacting. No one is calling for his head in the middle of the season. Let the year play out. I say if we lose the rest of our games, but Will Rodgers still leads the nation in completions per game, I say we give Leach a raise and extension.
Bill Shankly literally said to leave him on the tarmac because we were only up single digits against Arizona.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
But....he HAS won, comparatively to the schedule and talent profile. That's precisely where guys like you show themselves to be idiots. Next thing you'll do is tell me his Egg Bowl record, amirite? Not EVER taking into account that Moorhead had a great talent profile left by Mullen (and faced Matt Luke), and Leach....well....didn't.

You're going to sit here and tell me Memphis and LaTech were more talented than State was last year?

How about Texas Tech, a team that fired their head coach 8 games into the season and let Texas hang 70 on them? We scored 7.

Arkansas? Arkansas was so talented they didn't win an SEC game the year before Leach arrived.

Now, I'm not saying he hasn't won some games against good teams (like A&M and Kentucky last year), but you can't sit here and say Leach's teams have just been out-talented since he arrived or that he's beaten all of the teams he should have.

Also... even if there was some massive talent gap with most of the schedule... by year 3... you own that, especially in the transfer portal era. You can't blame JoMo for leaving the cupboard bare anymore. This is Leach's team and these are Leach's players.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You're going to sit here and tell me Memphis and LaTech were more talented than State was last year?

How about Texas Tech, a team that fired their head coach 8 games into the season and let Texas hang 70 on them? We scored 7.

Arkansas? Arkansas was so talented they didn't win an SEC game the year before Leach arrived.

Now, I'm not saying he hasn't won some games against good teams (like A&M and Kentucky last year), but you can't sit here and say Leach's teams have just been out-talented since he arrived or that he's beaten all of the teams he should have.

Also... even if there was some massive talent gap with most of the schedule... by year 3... you own that, especially in the transfer portal era. You can't blame JoMo for leaving the cupboard bare anymore. This is Leach's team and these are Leach's players.
Trend lines. We all know he drops one and wins one he shouldn't. Jackie usually did the same. It's like so many of you know nothing about football, you have down weeks and up weeks, but if you look at the long game, you see the trends. That's why Bill Connelly is so good at these things.

Please stop talking about the COVID games (which is Texas Tech and basically anything in 2020 after week 1). It's impossible to take much away from that year except that Alabama was easily the best team.

Aug 22, 2012

I'm sure you think this is a hilarious schtick. Do you call them Old Myth on facebook too?

Like I said about Shankly. If you're going to be miserable, have the decency to at least be entertaining.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Everybody knows this is a 5-7 year situation with Leach (or longer), until he gets tired of coaching. So no matter how the idiots feel, nothing is going to happen. It's not like Moorhead's asylum. Leach simply won't allow that, he's never going to be bad enough to fire. May as well get on board whether you love or hate Leach.

Most all coaches start running thin about 10 years, just like Leach did at Tech. And they've sucked since then. He survived all the noose and Trump stuff, so Leach likely won't have another scandal for a good 5 years.

It's just a futile effort to fight it. And it sure makes the board more annoying. Not that the idiots care about that.

That's false

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'm sure you think this is a hilarious schtick. Do you call them Old Myth on facebook too?

Like I said about Shankly. If you're going to be miserable, have the decency to at least be entertaining.

Yeah. It's more along the Fighting Irish playbook with this one. Everything is negative all the time. I know we don't really have many active women on the board anymore and you want to hear her opinions, but...

View attachment 25323

patdog

May 28, 2007
We all know he drops one and wins one he shouldn't.
Just because he always drops one he shouldn't doesn't give him a pass when he drops one he shouldn't. That was one of the most frustrating things about Jackie and it's still frustrating with Leach. BTW, his best win to date is at home vs. #18 Kentucky, so let's not act like he's pulled off a bunch of huge upsets here.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Just because he always drops one he shouldn't doesn't give him a pass when he drops one he shouldn't. That was one of the most frustrating things about Jackie and it's still frustrating with Leach. BTW, his best win to date is at home vs. #18 Kentucky, so let's not act like he's pulled off a bunch of huge upsets here.
Stop.

LSU and Tulsa were both ahead of us in FEI in 2020 as far as wins. Only Arkansas was below us (slightly), with the losses.

In 2021, Texas A&M, Kentucky and Auburn were all well ahead of us. Memphis was beneath us as was LSU (slightly).

Just an incredibly bad argument, you're trying to make.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How many times have we beaten to LSU since 1992? Not just Leach has laid a rotten egg against them.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We beat la tech last year and went 7-5.
We easily go 6-6 in 2020 with a non COVID schedule.
We are gonna go 7-5 or better this year. I’m willing to give you 2 to 1 odds on $100.

So in 3 years regular season you want us to fire a coach who went 20-16?

Really? That’s where you think we are as a program?

In year 10 if he is still staying around 7-5 or 6-6 ok. Not in year 3.

But I bet at the end of year 6 he is averaging 7.5 or more REGULAR season wins per year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We beat la tech last year and went 7-5.
We easily go 6-6 in 2020 with a non COVID schedule.
We are gonna go 7-5 or better this year. I’m willing to give you 2 to 1 odds on $100.

So in 3 years regular season you want us to fire a coach who went 20-16?

Really? That’s where you think we are as a program?

In year 10 if he is still staying around 7-5 or 6-6 ok. Not in year 3.

But I bet at the end of year 6 he is averaging 7.5 or more REGULAR season wins per year.

We beat LaTech last year! Yay! Hang a banner! Did that game feel like a win to you? We needed 21 4th quarter points and a missed 46 yard FG to win a game against a 3 win CUSA team (and one of those was against an FCS team).

We easily go 6-6 in 2020? That assumes we sweep through the teams that were on our schedule before because 6 of the losses we had were teams already scheduled for 2020 and NC State was 8-4 that season.

To be clear, I'm not saying to fire Leach. To my knowledge, I never have. I'm also not going to act like he's over-performed while he's been here. In fact, I'm not entirely sure he hasn't underperformed and I'm not willing to concede that the reason he's underperformed is because he doesn't have the talent to compete with the teams he's coached against.

And even if he doesn't have the talent that his opponents have, it's part of his job to fix that through recruiting, coaching, S&C, and the transfer portal.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
With political topics versus football topics.

If you think we should fire leach based on Saturday or anything he’s done so far, YOU ARE STUPID.

I understand not everyone wants that, but some of you RETARDS do.
It’s why I don’t check the board anymore during games. The posters are just idiots or drunk or both. Definitely funny as hell the next morning, though…

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Is this discussion really still going? We had a chance to beat LSU. We didn't do it. I know we got a large contingency of fans here sitting around with the extra large squirt bottle of lotion and a rubber sheet for their computer chair just waiting for every Leach loss but come on guys it's not like we lost to South Alabama.

View attachment 25326

If you really think this season is over get the 17 out of here so the rest of us don't have to wait till your ********, whiny posts.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
La tech felt like a win the same way Memphis felt like a loss.

And yes 2020 was 6-6 easily.

20-16 over 3 years after morehead isn’t great. It isn’t sub par either for Mississippi State standards.

7-5 this year with our schedule is good.
We may go 8-4.

Take the bet on 7-5 or stfu.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Leach is a good as Mullen or better. Mullen averaged a losing conference record and even that usually depended upon other teams having down years. Even in ‘14 A&M and Auburn sucked. Deal with that however you want but this board was often divided over Mullen as well.

Given MSU’s historical talent profile and budget, we will always find ourselves in a similar position. Underrated nationally but stuck in the middle of the SEC pack. State punches above their weight class in terms of staff salary and conference position but we simply can’t compete with most the programs spending 2-5x more on their programs.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I agree with fans that we shouldn’t settle.

But I disagree with the cunts that don’t have a clue what they are talking about and act like 6 year olds on Saturdays.

We could go 9-3 and lsu could end up 10-2 and they’d ***** about how leach lost that game in Baton Rouge bc he isn’t a good coach.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Leach is a good as Mullen or better. Mullen averaged a losing conference record and even that usually depended upon other teams having down years. Even in ‘14 A&M and Auburn sucked. Deal with that however you want but this board was often divided over Mullen as well.

Given MSU’s historical talent profile and budget, we will always find ourselves in a similar position. Underrated nationally but stuck in the middle of the SEC pack. State punches above their weight class in terms of staff salary and conference position but we simply can’t compete with most the programs spending 2-5x more on their programs.

We literally bank $15MM+ per year and still don't apply any of it to the lowest recruiting budget in the SEC. We also have one of the smallest staffs (penis joke) in the SEC, so no, we aren't spending anything there either.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
We literally bank $15MM+ per year and still don't apply any of it to the lowest recruiting budget in the SEC. We also have one of the smallest staffs (penis joke) in the SEC, so no, we aren't spending anything there either.

If that’s true then Leach is in one hell of a position. A fan base who expects him to beat teams who outspend his boss on every level. That would need to be addressed before trying to build yet another under payed staff.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agreed, this is more of Cohen's small-minded M-State gonna M-State. There's no excuse for us not to double (really we should triple it) our recruiting budget tomorrow.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't do Internet bets, but this one is too easy to pass up. What's the bet? He only needs to go 33-12 for you to win.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
How is Texas Tech a "COVID game"? That was 8 months ago.
There is literally no answer to this that doesn't result in me just severely insulting you, so I won't answer. I'll just say that if you don't understand why, then.....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login