After seeing this play with the players helmet, hit the quarterbacks facemask and knocked his helmet completely off

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't believe in college football is trying to keep somebody from getting hurt anymore since they will not call something there. I still find it, so wish a satisfying to have a referee tell me why another referee is right.

Good thing it was not Bryce Young or there would've probably been an attempted murder charge

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Not sure what your point is. That was clearly not targeting. His head was to the side and the side of his helmet made contact with the face mask. The shoulder to the chest is what delivered the big shot, not the helmet.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I never said it was targeting, but the fact that they let a man hit another man in the helmet that hard without a penalty or at least making the player go through a concussion evaluation ultimately kills their constant preaching that they are trying to stop people from getting hurt in this game

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Shoulder to chest. Looked like a good hit to me
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Username checks out

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I don't believe in college football is trying to keep somebody from getting hurt anymore since they will not call something there. I still find it, so wish a satisfying to have a referee tell me why another referee is right.

Good thing it was not Bryce Young or there would've probably been an attempted murder charge
Bryce Young got smoked with a shot that I thought was clear targeting in the TN game and it was reviewed and still not called.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Time for the players’ helmets to have a circle on top defining the crown. A 12” diameter circle is larger than they realize. The rule being 6” radius from the apex of the helmet. Half serious as a solution but totally mean this to be ****

Reactions: BigDawg0074

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

That was a totally legal hit.

Reactions: 3dawgnight

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That was a totally legal hit.
I will repeat myself from another thread. I never said it was illegal. Since I saw you guys are worried about what I was saying, It was a good hit. It was, but where he got the hit and how his body reacted to the hit, he should have been looked over a little bit more than just handed his helmet, especially after the replay. If it had happened on Sunday in the NFL, they would've taken him to the tent just as a precaution.

I'll make sure you remind him what a great hit it was in a few years when he can not remember his damn name.

You guys are all worried about me giving **** to USC. The game officials, refs, and Coach should've pulled him to be checked out.

Don't worry he is a strong kid. He'll never turn 60 someday and be unable to turn his head.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Not to mention the ball carrier lowered his head right before contact after the defender had already committed. All too often the ball carrier is responsible where he receives the contact and that seems to never be considered though it should.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login