Again.....that Arizona win was

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
a good one. One more: we still average over 30 points per game with Rogers at QB. Arnett wasn't NOT fired over our offense. Our defense sucks.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We were fortunate that Arizona’s starting QB had not been hurt yet. He lost that game for Arizona

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We were fortunate that Arizona’s starting QB had not been hurt yet. He lost that game for Arizona
Maybe so, but it is still a really good win for us, and a really bad loss for them.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Arnett wasn't NOT fired over our offense. Our defense sucks.
You don't think 33 points in 16 quarters (note, that's less than a field goal per quarter) scored against those powerhouse SEC teams AR, Auburn, TX A&M and KY got him fired, it was on the defense? Ok........

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
You don't think 33 points in 16 quarters (note, that's less than a field goal per quarter) scored against those powerhouse SEC teams AR, Auburn, TX A&M and KY got him fired, it was on the defense? Ok........
You mean your favorite offense that doesn't bore you like the ol' air fade

Reactions: paindonthurt

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We have averaged over 30 a game when Rogers started. Rogers did not play in those games. Arnett is not the offensive guy. THAT guy is still here. Arnett is the defensive guy, and his defense has been pretty consistent. If we were firing guys over the offense, Arnett would still be here and the OC wouldn't. Now I think they all go at the end of the year. I think we win two of those four with Rogers, possibly three.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We have averaged over 30 a game when Rogers started. Rogers did not play in those games. Arnett is not the offensive guy. THAT guy is still here. Arnett is the defensive guy, and his defense has been pretty consistent. If we were firing guys over the offense, Arnett would still be here and the OC wouldn't. Now I think they all go at the end of the year. I think we win two of those four with Rogers, possibly three.
Just for the record I'm not arguing for retaining the OC. I want whoever we hire to bring in his own people, and if he wants to retain people then fine. From what I can see we are facing pretty much a total rebuild no matter what offense and defense the new guy runs. I think we were going to regress this year even if we were still under Leach, especially given the Rogers injury. The secondary is just atrocious.

Reactions: paindonthurt

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You mean your favorite offense that doesn't bore you like the ol' air fade
Listen simpleton. In case you haven't noticed the Air Fade died with Mike Leach. No matter how much you still want to sit in Davis Wade and watch Will throw those 3 yd passes to the slot guy every play or it's alternative which was take a sack, it's not going to happen again so get over it, move on and quit dredging up history. The new guy made a decision, he didn't want that offense so he moved on, you need to do the same. You'll live much longer if you'll open your eyes to other offenses and quit dreaming of days past. You're like the guy whose first girlfriend broke up with him and can't see yourself with another girl so you constantly talk about the old one but she's gone.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Listen simpleton. In case you haven't noticed the Air Fade died with Mike Leach. No matter how much you still want to sit in Davis Wade and watch Will throw those 3 yd passes to the slot guy every play or it's alternative which was take a sack, it's not going to happen again so get over it, move on and quit dredging up history. The new guy made a decision, he didn't want that offense so he moved on, you need to do the same. You'll live much longer if you'll open your eyes to other offenses and quit dreaming of days past. You're like the guy whose first girlfriend broke up with him and can't see yourself with another girl so you constantly talk about the old one but she's gone.
I’m just never gonna let you live down the fact you bitched and moaned about an offense that was light years better than what we have now. Your privileges of posting opinions on offense have been revoked.

Reactions: Captain Ron

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Yeah. I don’t get it either. There is nothing more bizarre than people acting like there was no difference between games 1-6 and games 7-10. As if they are even the least bit comparable and just totally ignoring the most glaring reason games 7-10 were so bad.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
LOL a politician would say "my opinion on that has evolved" .
No, still have and always will have the same opinion on that offense. But, that chapter ended a year ago when Leach passed. He's gone, that offense is gone and has been gone. I've moved on past that a year ago but feel free "LOL" all you want about whatever you want

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
First of all, it was Southern Miss.

Second, many of us wanted Arnett gone early in the season (for me, it was the Arizona game).

Third, every domino from this season can be traced back to the decision to change offenses.

So…..absolutely Arnett got fired for the offense.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
First of all, it was Southern Miss.

Second, many of us wanted Arnett gone early in the season (for me, it was the Arizona game).

Third, every domino from this season can be traced back to the decision to change offenses.

So…..absolutely Arnett got fired for the offense.
Every domino actually goes back to poor roster management, poor situational decision making, lack of a cohesive backup plan if we had a QB injury, and a general lack of talent across the board, but especially on defense. Arnett has full blame for the first 3 things, and some of the blame for the last thing.

Barbay was handed chicken ****, and a bottle of balsamic viniagrette dressing. Then 6 weeks in, the bottle of dressing got dropped and the only other thing we had laying around was a jar of cat piss. He didn’t make chicken salad, but what he put out there was partially palatable until he had nothing left but the cat piss to dump in there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login