Agent talk: Lebby + DJ Durkin?

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Doesn't Durkin have some serious baggage from Maryland days? I guess if we are bringing in Briles relations I makes sense to go all in.***
ran a guy to death.. don t remember all of the details ... kept running a guy as punishment and the died... the administration wanted to just suspend him for a couple weeks and when they tried to bring him back in the players walked... like i said, i just remember bits and pieces and have probably left a lot out

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
ran a guy to death.. don t remember all of the details ... kept running a guy as punishment and the died... the administration wanted to just suspend him for a couple weeks and when they tried to bring him back in the players walked... like i said, i just remember bits and pieces and have probably left a lot out
BK killed a kid too. Didn't slow him down.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Again, he’s gotten hired by multiple SEC schools since the Maryland ordeal happened. We gain nothing from being the one to get on our moral high horse about it.

Now if you want to say he’s kinda overrated as a DC, I’m more willing to listen. He would not be my first choice.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Now you are making out like he was on the field with the player and making the player run until he died. That was not the case. The whole position group was doing drills together, he was not being punished. And it wasn't something new. He overheated and Court's people did not know the signs. They tried to cool him with wet towels which was not enough. An independent investigation concluded that Durkin was not responsible for Jordan McNair's death.

Tragedies happen, and in his case a tragedy for a Maryland Terrapin. The same thing could happen at MSU. Overheating in sports isn't new either. It's been happening my whole life. A player lost his life, and parents’ lost a beloved son. Should a football coach lose his livelihood too as a consequence of what was wholly unexpected, or should reason win out.

Between 2018 and 2022, at least 11 football players in the US – at the student and professional level – have died of heat stroke. 2001, Stringer died from complications brought on by heat stroke during the Vikings' training camp.

The leading causes of death in high school athletes​

# 3 is Heat Stroke.

Jul 20, 2022 — At least 50 high school football players in the U.S. have died from heat stroke after falling ill on the field in the past 25 years.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
How good of a coach is DJ Durkin? If I'm not mistaken he has had pretty good success.

He’s a good DC, I wouldn’t call him a great DC. He is a 3-2-6 kind of guy which I don’t love. Historically his teams are good against the pass but can be iffy against the run, although A&M was good against the run this year.

It would be a lot of zone, a lot of bend but don’t break, most likely.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Personally, I agree. The thing is MSU is going to field a good to great defense every year with a halfway competent DC.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login