Aggies are not a “must win”

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I keep seeing tomorrow’s game billed as a must win for our tournament hopes. At least from one reputable source, that’s not the case.

Torvik currently has us as the highest 11 seed with a 65% chance to get a bid. Lose tomorrow and we drop to the next to last team in with basically a 50/50 chance. Winning against the Cocks after that would not help us but losing would knock us all the way out of the projected field with only a 16% chance to make it. Lose to the Aggies, beat USC and lose at Vandy and we are the last team in with a 35% chance of making it. If this happens I think 35% is high and we have to be playing on at least Saturday in Nashville.

Win the next two though and we are all the way up to a 10 seed with a 78% chance of getting a bid.

Want to go crazy and win all three? Then you’re in the 8/9 game with a 90% chance of getting a bid. I suspect we would be 100% if we win the next three though.

Torvik also provide a rooting guide. Our guide tomorrow includes Minnesota, Utah, Bama, Notre Dame, Arizona and K State.

The fact remains - win all three and we don’t have anything to worry about. Tomorrow is the most important home game in quite some time. Hope the guys can pull it off.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't think we have a great chance against Texas A&M, but they have surprised me already this season. I have my fingers crossed.

We have to have a win against South Carolina. Our game against Vanderbilt in their gym is so difficult. That is the screwiest court in basketball. It may be much more important in helping our chances than this weekend against Texas A&M.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don't think we have a great chance against Texas A&M, but they have surprised me already this season. I have my fingers crossed.

We have to have a win against South Carolina. Our game against Vanderbilt in their gym is so difficult. That is the screwiest court in basketball. It may be much more important in helping our chances than this weekend against Texas A&M.
When I was going to State a buddy and I drove up to Nashville to attend a game there. We got there about an hour before the game, bought tickets that were near the rafters. We talked about it and moved down behind our bench in the end zone and waited to see if anyone would make us move. We ended up moving a couple of times but remained in the end zone behind the team. It was the weirdest game I have ever attended. The floor is higher than the front seating floor and it is strange with the coaches yelling at the players from behind the goal. I wondered if that didn't favor the coaches because the players could hear them better in the second half. Of course in the first half they heard them calling defensive sets.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login