Air

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Watched it last night on Amazon. 4.5/5.. would recommend. I'm going to pretend like at least 30% of it was true. The decision to never show Michael's face was brilliant because it would have been completely about him the moment he appeared on screen.

And also.... Jordan still raking $400M/year from Nike.... daaaamn.

Baddmann

Sep 20, 2015
I watched it the other night. Highly recommended. And when his mom asked for a percent of all future sales I hit the inter web to see how much the total deal has been worth for Michael: $1.3 billion as of 2020.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I watched it a few days ago as well. Very good movie!

I also liked the way they didn't show his actor's face either. Part of me wondered if that has something to do with additional royalties he would have gotten from the film had they shown his "likeness"...

His deal was the one that truly changed the industry!

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
I watched it a few days ago as well. Very good movie!

I also liked the way they didn't show his actor's face either. Part of me wondered if that has something to do with additional royalties he would have gotten from the film had they shown his "likeness"...

His deal was the one that truly changed the industry!
I read something Ben Affleck said saying MJ is too iconic or legendary to try and get someone else to play him.

And that this was the best solutions. I agree with that

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
Watched it last night on Amazon. 4.5/5.. would recommend. I'm going to pretend like at least 30% of it was true. The decision to never show Michael's face was brilliant because it would have been completely about him the moment he appeared on screen.

Everything I've ever seen before this movie says he makes between $100 and $200 million a year from Nike.

Google also says the same currently. Wonder how the movie came to $400 millions?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I have it on my list. I just finished Super Mario, and man, is it a fun 90 minutes. Yes, someone remembered how to make a 90-minute movie. I was really surprised by Dungeons and Dragons. It was a fun little movie.

I also have Sisu lined up soon. Some critics say it was the best movie made in the last year.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I have it on my list. I just finished Super Mario, and man, is it a fun 90 minutes. Yes, someone remembered how to make a 90-minute movie. I was really surprised by Dungeons and Dragons. It was a fun little movie.

I also have Sisu lined up soon. Some critics say it was the best movie made in the last year.
Sisu is awesome! It's like John Wick's grandfather...saw it last night.

Regarding Air, it was really good. And yes, Afleck said they purposely did not want to focus on MJ's face as the story was based around the strength of MJ's mama. MJ also told Ben Aleck (producer) that Viola Davis will play his mom. She did and did so very well.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I watched it earlier this week and also recommend it. It's got the same vibe as Moneyball, which I also highly recommend to anyone who's never seen it.

It's neat how these movies about sports-adjacent issues can take fairly mundane topics and make them interesting.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login