Alex Box Stadium

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
Dropped my 7 yr old off for baseball camp at LSU this morning. This is my first time in the Box. I’m sure on game day the atmosphere is great but there is nothing impressive about the stadium itself. They are doing some work on the left field and right field lines. No clue what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpeg
    IMG_1995.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
It's premium seating and bullpens. The third base line is premium seating and a new visitors bullpen. The first base line is all premium seating. The new home bullpen is going under the bleachers in right field.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It's just a stadium. It's not the Dude. It's the Cat Box
Correct - it's just a place for a lot of people to watch baseball, albeit winning baseball. Their tradition was built on Bertman simply dominating. Plus they are in a populated area where everybody loves LSU, so it works for them, and is a major reason why they can pull off the big GA seating.

Normally they'd just fall off whenever they stop winning, but Bertman won so much, for so long....that he actually established an Alabama football-like tradition.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Dropped my 7 yr old off for baseball camp at LSU this morning. This is my first time in the Box. I’m sure on game day the atmosphere is great but there is nothing impressive about the stadium itself. They are doing some work on the left field and right field lines. No clue what it is.
You describe it exactly like LSU fans do themselves.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
There is more Baseball talent 25 miles either side of I-10/I-12 than in Mississippi, Arkansas and Tennessee combined. The fact that they also get the top 10 talent from Texas, Arizona, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida makes me wonder how they ever have a bad season by their standards.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login