All about momentum. We had it & lost it. 3 dropped TD passes was the turning pt.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
All about momentum. We had it & lost it. 3 dropped TD passes was the turning pt.

Looked to me like we lost all the air from our sails after we dropped 3 straight TD passes, then missed the 2nd FG. We should have been up 20-10 at the half with all the momentum & receiving the 2nd-half kickoff. But we seemed to suffer from shell-shock after that one sequence.

We just never fully recovered, and it gave OM, not just the momentum, but likely a feeling it was "meant to be" for them.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We definitely missed opportunities in first half to get momentum. But they came out after the half and basically sliced and diced us. And offense we looked like we were just clueless all the third quarter. Holding the ball too long, whiffing blocks, missing throws, dropping passes. Just crap.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
Faking injuries to stop our momentum was the key to the game. Biggest one thing was the fake cramp. The first time. Imports ******** by a bunch of pussies. This is why i hate UM

Les59

Oct 27, 2012
We dropped Two passes, the second pass to Marks hit his helmet. Very bizarre sequence of plays for sure.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
We dropped Two passes, the second pass to Marks hit his helmet. Very bizarre sequence of plays for sure.
Yeah, I more or less call that a dropped pass. Technically it didn't hit his hands, but it should have. He just blew it. He blew 2 chances on that one sequence. Shot happens, & I bet he's feeling pretty bad about that. Hope he channels that into working more on it.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah, huge sequence. It was similar to the fumble in the end zone in 2020.

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
^^^This. We didn't have the leadership on the field to shake it off.

I agree baseball, but I don't think we had leadership / pep talk on the sideline either. And, ALL coaches get paid for that, and that is truly depressing.

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
I think Woodie had water droplets on his helmet shield that maybeglared in the lights the way the ball was arched. He lost all depth perception on it. Very uncharacteristic of Woodlie.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sure that was a chickenshit move, but if our players are mentally weak enough that it caused them to drop 3 passes in a row, we weren't going to win the game anyway. It had no effect on the game.

dawgdr

Feb 27, 2008
Goes back before that when he missed guy wide open in end zone and kicked field goal.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login