All I gotta say about Garrett is....

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
that's what you freakin' get when you refuse to change an offense that doesn't freakin' work. Croom's stubborness has caught up with him in a big, big way. No way we should have lost this guy, and top-ranked QBs don't grow up in Mississippi State families every damn day.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
I'd be willing to bet the McCorvey 2 year extension was the final straw. I guess Croom can feel good about getting his buddy a lofty salary though. Good job, Croom - way to go!

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Nobody in their right mind that is a top QB wants to come to MSU and handoff constantly in the most conservative offense in the nation

S

seawaterland

MSU QB's first and formost better be able to run. He is a a goodlooking drop back passer but how many of those have made it through a season at MSU. I hate to lose him and maybe he will re -re commit. But I think Tyler Russell looked great the few times I saw him. You can't sign them all but this does hurt. He will be the next Blake Barnes at LSU.

He will watch that kid from Houston Texas for 4 Years. He is the #2 ranked QB in the Country.

Aug 30, 2006
He will be the next Blake Barnes at LSU.

He will watch that kid from Houston Texas for 4 Years. He is the #2 ranked QB in the Country.
saying that Garrett will be Blake Barnes 2.0 at LSU due to the other QB that is committed currently to LSU, Russell Shepard. I may be wildly wrong, but I bet that Shepard plays very little if any QB after getting to LSU. His stats as a QB just aren't very good. Last year he had a 45% completion rate (slightly better than Henig at MSU) for just under 800 yards, 8 TDs, & 4 Ints. As a JR, he had a 41% completion rate for almost 700 yards, 4 TDs, & 5 Ints. Where he shines is running. He had 1300+ yards & 20 TDs as a JR & 1500+ yards & 18 TDs as a SR. He is 6'2" 185 lbs & runs a 4.33. I would be willing to bet that he is a WR or RB before 1 season is done with the possibility of being a situational/trick play QB. Just my take.

Russell Shepard profile from Rivals for reference.

ram124

Oct 10, 2007
---I read through the first two pages of threads pretty carefully and I saw none of those. Maybe I just didn't want to see anything.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login