All I really wanted from basketball was a stress free selection Sunday..

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I'm pretty sure they reached that mark. I can't remember the last time we went into Sunday just wondering about our seeding and not stressing the performance of other bubble teams.

I've enjoyed watching this season, with the exception of those last 4 games. I predicted a 9-9 SEC record, and they came up 1 game short with that 0-4 finish. I thought they might have played their way out of the Tournament.

Our crappy road record and the one ugly loss might mean we get a terrible draw, but at least we should have a spot. I'll be thrilled if we can win one game.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
You don’t remember the time we won the sec west, took Kentucky into overtime at the sec tourney championship game, and still didn’t get in the tourney?

“Won the SEC West” meant absolutely nothing in that era. The late 2000’s and early 2010’s of SEC hoops were awful.

We are much more of a tourney lock than that team ever was.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I remember coming in second in the SEC before divisions and not making the tournament.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
“Won the SEC West” meant absolutely nothing in that era. The late 2000’s and early 2010’s of SEC hoops were awful.

We are much more of a tourney lock than that team ever was.
You had coaching titans like John Pelphrey, Stan Heath, Darrin Horn, Donny Tyndall, Dennis Helton and Tony Barbee on the sidelines in those days. Just a truly awful coaching era of SEC basketball. Slive basically told the schools to hire good coaches and give a crap about basketball because it was embarrassing. In 2009 when we won the SEC Tournament, only three SEC teams made it to the NCAA tourney, and it would’ve been two if we hadn’t got the auto bid. All of them were seeded 8 or lower. The conference has come a long way since those days.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login