All this playoff controversy may work itself out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looks like FSU is starting the freshman with the #2 QB getting a concussion last week in the Florida game. I don’t know how you bring him in in relief if you can’t start him.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The big question is, does Texas get in over Georgia or Ohio State? Texas has the worst loss of the three of them, but also the best win. Not cut and dry the Longhorns get in.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Looks like FSU is starting the freshman with the #2 QB getting a concussion last week in the Florida game. I don’t know how you bring him in in relief if you can’t start him.
Kind of highlights the joke that is the concussion protocol in college football. Rodemaker got cleared to go back in the game LAST week after the hit.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Kind of highlights the joke that is the concussion protocol in college football. Rodemaker got cleared to go back in the game LAST week after the hit.
It’s a littl easier in the NFL. They have board certified Neurologists on the sideline to make the call. But yes, it obviously is not ideal

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s not that much different than it was 30 years ago. If the player can go, nobody cares if he just got a concussion.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Classic spot. Rest of the team will step up and they will win handily this week, setting the stage to get blown tf out in the playoffs. That’s what I’m betting on anyways.

Reactions: GomJabbar

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Classic spot. Rest of the team will step up and they will win handily this week, setting the stage to get blown tf out in the playoffs. That’s what I’m betting on anyways.
Nevermind. Can’t let this offense in the playoff.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s a littl easier in the NFL. They have board certified Neurologists on the sideline to make the call. But yes, it obviously is not ideal
Its not that hard to have that in place at every FBS stadium, at a minimum. Look at the money flying around in these TV contracts. Not hard to get 1 neuro in the house per game.

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I think if FSU loses, it allows the committee to select the P5 champs with 0 or 1 loss. If FSU wins, you have to pick two from FSU, Texas, Bama, and I'll throw Georgia in there as well.

I'm pulling for FSU. I want chaos. What about y'all? Do you want the selection to be clean or controversial?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I think if FSU loses, it allows the committee to select the P5 champs with 0 or 1 loss. If FSU wins, you have to pick two from FSU, Texas, Bama, and I'll throw Georgia in there as well.

I'm pulling for FSU. I want chaos. What about y'all? Do you want the selection to be clean or controversial?
FSU all the way!

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010

Here’s to chaos

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
NCAA should have just admitted they were shortsighted and gone with a 12 team playoff immediately. Could have easily made it work within the present bowl system.......and without having to succumb to pressure to have first round games on the highest seeded teams campuses. BTW, I am totally against initiating any playoff scenario that would allow the highest seeded teams to host an early round campus game. It may work for many sports, but IMO, it's not for football. I would agree that the higher seeded teams get to play an early round game within the regional area of their campus......just not IN their campus stadium.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If FSU wins, Saban should announce his retirement after this season to put pressure on the committee.

Aug 31, 2012
NCAA should have just admitted they were shortsighted and gone with a 12 team playoff immediately. Could have easily made it work within the present bowl system.......and without having to succumb to pressure to have first round games on the highest seeded teams campuses. BTW, I am totally against initiating any playoff scenario that would allow the highest seeded teams to host an early round campus game. It may work for many sports, but IMO, it's not for football. I would agree that the higher seeded teams get to play an early round game within the regional area of their campus......just not IN their campus stadium.
Then your putting the black bear land sharks confederates in the playoffs
No thanks sir

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't think two 12-1 SEC teams being left out is that simple.
I agree, BUT, another team that won its conference is also 12-1, and that team beat Bama in TUSCALOOSA. How are you going to put Bama, or a team Bama beat, in over them?

Reactions: Ranchdawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I agree, BUT, another team that won its conference is also 12-1, and that team beat Bama in TUSCALOOSA. How are you going to put Bama, or a team Bama beat, in over them?
S-E-C! S-E-C!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Someone will be pissed. But this is the last year that any team with a legit claim to a title chance will ever be left out, if it actually does happen. So I guess enjoy it, if thats your thing.

I think you go Bama / Texas and drop FSU. FSU does not have any shot whatsoever at winning the CFP, and I’d say that even if Travis was healthy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login