Ally Ewing, 1st Round lead @ British ETA -10, 5 shot lead to weekend

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
And we have two members of the current team playing in the tournament. I had no idea Coach Ewing went out and took the current US Amateur Champ from Texas Tech to play for us this year...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It appears we will have the current US Amateur (Horder), European Amateur (Ramirez) and Mississippi Amateur (HS'er Avery Weed) Champions on our team this year.

Weed won the Mississippi Amateur by 17 strokes.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
There are 58 players within 4 shots of the lead. Ally has plenty of her friends close by. There are 27 players at Level Par. It will be a busy leaderboard tomorrow morning central time.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It appears we will have the current US Amateur (Horder), European Amateur (Ramirez) and Mississippi Amateur (HS'er Avery Weed) Champions on our team this year.

Weed won the Mississippi Amateur by 17 strokes.

Whoops, just realized I read the article wrong. Horder won the British Amateur, not the US Amateur.

RocketDawg1

Jul 8, 2023
I'm watching it delayed, and am at the point where Ally just bogeyed 17. No problem - she played it smart pitching out from the deep weeds. Still has a 5 stroke lead going into 18. I really hope she can win this thing.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm watching it delayed, and am at the point where Ally just bogeyed 17. No problem - she played it smart pitching out from the deep weeds. Still has a 5 stroke lead going into 18. I really hope she can win this thing.

Just to correct, she bogeyed 18, only bogey on the card to go with 7 birdies.

It's been a completely dominant performance to this point. It's all mental now. The course fits her accurate game. If she can stay away from bogeys she has a huge opportunity to win a major. Imagine how hard it is to shoot the best round in the field in a major two days in a row.

RocketDawg1

Jul 8, 2023
Ally's having a tough round today. 3 bogeys in the first 6 holes. Still has a 1-stroke lead but was 6 up going into the round.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Three over for the day; now tied for 2nd I think. She's lost momentum, and probably some confidence. Hope she gets the mojo back for the final round.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Three over for the day; now tied for 2nd I think. She's lost momentum, and probably some confidence. Hope she gets the mojo back for the final round.
Front nine. Her pudding was way off and very tentative. You know you want to lag put so you two putt instead of three putt. She was having a difficult time with her distance, and leaving her self some tough shots to make par. Hopefully she'll forget that and play like she did the first two days and win the tournament.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Front nine. Her pudding was way off and very tentative. You know you want to lag put so you two putt instead of three putt. She was having a difficult time with her distance, and leaving her self some tough shots to make par. Hopefully she'll forget that and play like she did the first two days and win the tournament.
I hate it when a woman’s pudding is off.***

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Well, she's not going to win, but she's now T3 at -6 thru 14, so all in all, a really good showing vs the best in the world.

And as the USA telecast switches to NBC, the local affiliate is showing a Cindy Crawford skin care infomercial. If she was leading, we couldn't watch it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don’t follow women’s golf, but I checked Ally Ewing’s stats. She has a tendency to put a couple of good rounds together then absolutely fall apart. In tournaments this year she’ll go -3,-2, then +6.

That's kinda a feature that pops up when you golf. She's won 3 on tour, so she can get it done on Sundays.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I watched some earlier and her putter had gone cold. I had an older guy tell me one time when I was TRYING to learn the game "son your putter is like a bad woman, she can leave you at anytime without any warning". He didn't tell me the b____ may never come back .

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I watched some earlier and her putter had gone cold. I had an older guy tell me one time when I was TRYING to learn the game "son your putter is like a bad woman, she can leave you at anytime without any warning". He didn't tell me the ***** may never come back .

Yeah, Vu, the girl running away with it now, is rolling in a ton of medium length putts that others are missing.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Seems as if the women's game is pretty much dominated by the Asian players .

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Seems as if the women's game is pretty much dominated by the Asian players .

It really is incredible. They're from tons of different countries, but the prevalence of Asian players or players of Asian descent at the top of women's golf is undeniable. 13 of the Top 20 this week, including the winner and 4 other Americans of Asian descent.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Ally finished T6 at -4, leaking more oil on the way in. It'll be a good paycheck and probably locks up a Captains pick for her 3rd straight Solheim Cup team in a few weeks.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
It really is incredible. They're from tons of different countries, but the prevalence of Asian players or players of Asian descent at the top of women's golf is undeniable. 13 of the Top 20 this week, including the winner and 4 other Americans of Asian descent.
Those gals seem to really "think" their way around a course and make few mental errors. They are almost like robots .

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login