Almost drunk before noon thoughts..

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
1. I'll say it. Prime is a good coach.

2. Steve Robertson... You OK? Your "randoms" ( I think you copied drunk thoughts ) seem like you may be going through some sh!!!t .Have a drink and Buck up little soldier.

3. Went to Disney last week. They may have problems but lack of people isn't one of them. The new Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster made me nauseous. But to be fair I was 7 countries deep at the food and wine festival.So maybe it was me.

4. I'm still hoping we hang in a bit longer with Leach ( may have a different opinion Fri ). I just don't have the energy for another coaching search. And if Cohen sticks it to Ole miss I will tip my hat. I didn't care that he left .That first women's hire and Moorhead were just plain terrible. As was the Finebaum(sp?) interview "My daddy was a lawyer so I can blah blah blah".He hired three coaches that lasted , what? 4 years ( baseball womens basketball and football )? Regardless ( irregardless for those in Scott county ) of circumstances that is 17ing unheard of. He did finish on a high note with baseball MBB and WBB I think.

5. Speaking of mens basketball. Cruz has this team 17ing amped on D. Good lord they get after it for 60.

6. How good is Forbes? I tell you if you don't know. Real 17ing good.

7. My wife wants a dog. I mean ...my wife's getting a dog. Do boxers get in the pool/swim? Hope it's smarter than the jackass dog we have.

8. I'm gad I'm not gay. Seems like a big 17ing hassle. Parades.rainbows,and shllt like that. I generally like the gay guys I know though.

9. You know that guy that sits behind you at the game and "tells" the coach (And all the people around him) what we need to do? Don't be that guy. No one is really thinking " Dam we should have hired that guy instead of our DC!" or "That guy is cool!". What we are thinking, and telling our sitting buddy is " Dam I wish this dude would shut the 17 up. He is really ruining my vibe" .

10. I got banned from Elite Dawgs several years ago. Never bothered to sign back up. "Coach"34 could have quit the coffee that'll make you shaat biz and been rich like DS if he had just managed the page a bit different.

11. My lord I hope we win Thurs. But if we don't...I don't know what if we don't...I just hope we do. Hail State! And welcome to the Lane train AU ( He hates the bells too ya know).

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

2. Steve Robertson... You OK? Your "randoms" ( I think you copied drunk thoughts ) seem like you may be going through some sh!!!t .Have a drink and Buck up little soldier.

3. Went to Disney last week. They may have problems but lack of people isn't one of them. The new Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster made me nauseous. But to be fair I was 7 countries deep at the food and wine festival.So maybe it was me.

4. I'm still hoping we hang in a bit longer with Leach ( may have a different opinion Fri ). I just don't have the energy for another coaching search. And if Cohen sticks it to Ole miss I will tip my hat. I didn't care that he left .That first women's hire and Moorhead were just plain terrible. As was the Finebaum(sp?) interview "My daddy was a lawyer so I can blah blah blah".He hired three coaches that lasted , what? 4 years ( baseball womens basketball and football )? Regardless ( irregardless for those in Scott county ) of circumstances that is 17ing unheard of. He did finish on a high note with baseball MBB and WBB I think.

5. Speaking of mens basketball. Cruz has this team 17ing amped on D. Good lord they get after it for 60.

7. My wife wants a dog. I mean ...my wife's getting a dog. Do boxers get in the pool/swim? Hope it's smarter than the jackass dog we have.

8. I'm gad I'm not gay. Seems like a big 17ing hassle. Parades.rainbows,and shllt like that. I generally like the gay guys I know though.

9. You know that guy that sits behind you at the game and "tells" the coach (And all the people around him) what we need to do? Don't be that guy. No one is really thinking " Dam we should have hired that guy instead of our DC!" or "That guy is cool!". What we are thinking, and telling our sitting buddy is " Dam I wish this dude would shut the 17 up. He is really ruining my vibe" .

10. I got banned from Elite Dawgs several years ago. Never bothered to sign back up. "Coach"34 could have quit the coffee that'll make you shaat biz and been rich like DS if he had just managed the page a bit different.

11. My lord I hope we win Thurs. But if we don't...I don't know what if we don't...I just hope we do. Hail State! And welcome to the Lane train AU ( He hates the bells to ya know).
Top notch! Someone has their mind right.
FWIW my neighbor has a boxer and it swims, I have heard you want to keep an eye out on any short snorted dog swimming though. They can get overwhelmed.

Reactions: mike tice

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Hopefully Forbes is good enough that we can walk the safeties up on 1st and 2nd down every possession. We hold them to < 250 yards rushing we will win.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

11. My lord I hope we win Thurs. But if we don't...I don't know what if we don't...I just hope we do. Hail State! And welcome to the Lane train AU ( He hates the bells too ya know).
Awesome and LMAO. Thank you for reminding me yesterday was a no drink day but around 5, the Burnett's coming out the freezer splashing on some cold olive juice and a tasty olive. Gonna be fired up and JUICED for HOOPS. Hail STATE!... Wait. Oh Schit. Tomorrow would be a no drink day then. Haven't broken my one day on, one day off in 'bout a month.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Have two boxers right now. They love water. Like they say though short snout. Have to watch their breathing. They are really smart though. Watch their hearts. Had another have a heart attack suddenly and die at 7 years old.

Reactions: mike tice

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I’m in the mountain time zone, it’s 1230 here, and I’m not drunk but there is a solid buzz. Brining the turkey still, got the brisket going, and my dressing just came out of the oven. Dressing, not stuffing. Gonna be a good day tomorrow. Hail State and SMTTT.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I actually took the time to read all of this and I'm glad I did. Thanks. ETA - Time to open the Woodford

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Wait. Oh Schit. Tomorrow would be a no drink day then. Haven't broken my one day on, one day off in 'bout a month.

What kind of quitters attitude is this nonsense?!*

grilling bartolo colon GIF

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Awesome and LMAO. Thank you for reminding me yesterday was a no drink day but around 5, the Burnett's coming out the freezer splashing on some cold olive juice and a tasty olive. Gonna be fired up and JUICED for HOOPS. Hail STATE!... Wait. Oh Schit. Tomorrow would be a no drink day then. Haven't broken my one day on, one day off in 'bout a month.
I mean it's the holidays so I think 2 on 1 off is standard.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The best dog you can have is a Johnson American Bulldog. They are more athletic, healthier and can withstand extreme temps better than the English.

View attachment 266758

And they come out of the womb trained to bite the face off Rebels.

I'd try to talk your wife outta the boxer. They have great qualities, but those qualities can be found in other breeds (and mutts) that will likely be much healthier and longer lived than a boxer in Mississippi.

And the vet bills will likely be much less.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

I'd try to talk your wife outta the boxer. They have great qualities, but those qualities can be found in other breeds (and mutts) that will likely be much healthier and longer lived than a boxer in Mississippi.

You simply can't go wrong with a Bulldog. They are unique in their loyalty and love. They can be good guard dogs and still cuddle with a toddler on the couch. Train 'em well from a puppy using 100% positive reinforcement and make sure they get socialized early on with children , cats (if you can) and other dogs. If a grizzly were to come crashing thru your door, A Bulldog will be the last to back down and run. He'd rather die than quit or show fear.

Last edited:
Reactions: vandaldawg

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

I had two boxers over the years. Neither had health problems. The last one lived 13 plus years. He was a great dog. He did droll when he got excited.

SouthpawDawg

Aug 7, 2016
Had 3 boxers. Great dogs. Just know they are prone to cancer. And, u can spend enough for DS to buy a warehouse of big screens for that treatment.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Had 3 boxers. Great dogs. Just know they are prone to cancer. And, u can spend enough for DS to buy a warehouse of big screens for that treatment.
Always liked Boxers. How would you compare their temperment and overall disposition to a Bulldog though? I've always preferred Bulldogs because it seems they are the least likely to snap or lose their temper compared to other breeds in the same DNA pool. I've seen so many live scenes and youtube videos where toddlers are just yanking Bulldog ears and giving the Bulldog all kinds of hell but he just brushes it off because they are so hard to hurt or cause pain. It's like they love the toddler so much they like getting harrassed by it.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

SouthpawDawg

Aug 7, 2016
Always liked Boxers. How would you compare their temperment and overall disposition to a Bulldog though? I've always preferred Bulldogs because it seems they are the least likely to snap or lose their temper compared to other breeds in the same DNA pool. I've seen so many live scenes and youtube videos where toddlers are just yanking Bulldog ears and giving the Bulldog all kinds of hell but he just brushes it off because they are so hard to hurt or cause pain. It's like they love the toddler so much they like getting harrassed by it.
My daughter was little at the time and would be all over the dog. Pulling the bobbed tail and generally interacting with the dog All the time. Dog literally never made me nervous. And, I was always careful and didn‘t leave them alone because if the kid got too rough and the dog reacts it is at the level to nip the face. mine was awesome with my daughter.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My daughter was little at the time and would be all over the dog. Pulling the bobbed tail and generally interacting with the dog All the time. Dog literally never made me nervous. And, I was always careful and didn‘t leave them alone because if the kid got too rough and the dog reacts it is at the level to nip the face. mine was awesome with my daughter.
That's why it's so important to acclimate certain breeds especially to young toddlers and children. Unfortunatly, the vast majority of serious injuries and deaths by dogs are to children. Irresponsible Pit Bull Owners piss me off something fierce. I've had a Pit and she was as sweet as she could be but I got her as an adult and the original owner never acclimated her to cats and thus anytime she saw a cat, she wanted to kill it. As a child, I was traumitized when I saw a German Shepard kill my kitten and I would never wanna put a cat owner thru that. My choice is the Johnson American Bulldog. Prefer them over Pits anyday.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thanks for the info. Every dog my wife has ended up being a lap dog. Are they too large?

When we move further north here in a couple of years we will probably be on the market for another family member so we're examining all the breeds ansd appreciate this information you guys have given.

We had a lab mix mutt and Nitro "the wonder dog" Jack Russell until age and cancer took them. Prone to allergies, which I found out a lot of these Jacks were susceptible to.

Where we used to live, we were right up next to a huge green belt. Lots of people lost their pets to the local coyote population. One night a coyote thought he would make a quick meal out of my little Nitrro. If you have ever seen a Jack destroy a bone you can probably imagine what happened when the coyote broke thfough the crappy fence door to bite Nitro.

Nitro bit him back.

The coyote decided to leave.

True story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If you wanna go passive, I love Labs. They are great family friendly people loving dogs that don't require the training that a Bulldog does. If you get a Bulldog, you have to be strong willed and let the pup know from the get go whose the Alpha and that your commands are non negotiatable.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
why do you hate the chicken capitol of Mississippi?

SouthpawDawg

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks for the info. Every dog my wife has ended up being a lap dog. Are they too large?

When we move further north here in a couple of years we will probably be on the market for another family member so we're examining all the breeds ansd appreciate this information you guys have given.

We had a lab mix mutt and Nitro "the wonder dog" Jack Russell until age and cancer took them. Prone to allergies, which I found out a lot of these Jacks were susceptible to.

Where we used to live, we were right up next to a huge green belt. Lots of people lost their pets to the local coyote population. One night a coyote thought he would make a quick meal out of my little Nitrro. If you have ever seen a Jack destroy a bone you can probably imagine what happened when the coyote broke thfough the crappy fence door to bite Nitro.

Nitro bit him back.

The coyote decided to leave.

True story.
Cantdoitsal nailed it with acclimating. Because I had a small child I started the pup out by doing all things a little kid would do. pulling the tail, ears, etc. and, like I said, still never left them unattended. good luck with your choice.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022

And the vet bills will likely be much
why do you hate the chicken capitol of Mississippi?
I don’t it just sounded funny. Forest is great. Morton on the other hand.,.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login