Along the lines of the Chicken Salad Chick closing, a friend at church told me that The Bin

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
was not open late last week and wasn't open Saturday either while Two Brothers and Klassroom were packed Saturday afternoon. What's up w/ that?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I've been to one Chipotle (Louisville KY) and it was good but nothing I'd highly recommend. I live in Starkville and haven't been to the one here, mainly because I avoid Hwy 12 unless its an emergency though not because I'm boycotting Chipotle.

Reactions: RedSoxDawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I don't mind Chipotle, It's a step above Taco Bell, but below the other Mexican restaurants. Not a bad quick option when you just want to pick up something from a drive through, but want something better than a five layer burrito.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
was not open late last week and wasn't open Saturday either while Two Brothers and Klassroom were packed Saturday afternoon. What's up w/ that?

I'm as big a fan of chicken salad as the next guy, especially Newk's, but I've always wondered how an entire restaurant could survive off of it being the centerpiece. Just seems odd for something that most people probably only eat a few times a year if at all

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
When the new Two Brothers opened I asked the bartender what they were going to use the old building for and he said either their own catering or a new Pimento Cheese Sandwich restaurant. I thought really, make a living selling pimento cheese sandwiches w/ the overhead of a brick and mortar store?

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Very disappointing. This is an economic development problem for Starkville. Where is the leadership? I though Goat Feeler Upper had this kind of thing under control.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Chipotle is way overated, been twice in Starkville and won't be back. It’s your place if you like dried crunchy overpriced rice.
I feel the same. People kept telling me how awesome it was compared to Moe’s which I loved. Keep in mind this is back when Moe’s had bigger burritos and better Queso. I went to Chipotle and I thought it was significantly worse than Moe’s. Just because you add cilantro to **** doesn’t make it better.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Ive never had Chipotle but i do love Moe's so im going to assume by default i probably would like Chipotle.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I looked in the window of the bin when I was there. Looked like they were renovations being done.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Costco has the best chicken salad… and not the rotisserie one. It’s better than anything i have had from any restaurant.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
My wife can't figure out how they can make a living selling chicken salad and we went by the one in Madison on a Saturday nite and it was basically empty. We owned an Italian restaurant years ago and know how tough it is to make a living with a restaurant. I'm still trying to figure out the phenomenon know as Chick-Fil-A.

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Renovations for the BIN. Chicken Salad Chick had a bad location - one of those places in Starkville were good ideas go to die. Every restaurant at that location has failed. I thought that the presence of Starbucks might pull CSC through as I think there is a lot of cross over in their clientele. CSC seems to be successful in a lot of places but that location is a killer. Hard to get too at lunch, hard to get to a dinner. Location, Location, Location.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
In Tupelo we traded our Salsarita's for Chipotle (closed soon after Chipotle opened).... huge downgrade in my opinion. We've tried it twice and was a disaster both times.

With most of these restaurants - where in some places it's loved, and other places it's hated - just comes down to the local management at each one.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
In Tupelo we traded our Salsarita's for Chipotle (closed soon after Chipotle opened).... huge downgrade in my opinion. We've tried it twice and was a disaster both times.

With most of these restaurants - where in some places it's loved, and other places it's hated - just comes down to the local management at each one.
Sad to see Salsaritas closed in Tupelo, love that place.
Chipotle is wayyy overrated & wayyyy more overpriced. Only at there twice, meh.
Chicken Salad place is off the hook tho! I ain’t much of a chicken salad fan but I hit that one in Tupelo often. That Lemon Basil :-0!! And ‘em lil’ frosted cookies, YUM!!!

Reactions: bolddogge

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sad to see Salsaritas closed in Tupelo, love that place.
Chipotle is wayyy overrated & wayyyy more overpriced. Only at there twice, meh.
Chicken Salad place is off the hook tho! I ain’t much of a chicken salad fan but I hit that one in Tupelo often. That Lemon Basil :-0!! And ‘em lil’ frosted cookies, YUM!!!
Did Salsaritas completely shut down because the one in Southaven closed too.

I don’t like Chipotle because of their marketing. They are very much into the pseudoscience in vilifying conventional agriculture and when they’re called out on it or approached about educating corporate they refuse to even listen.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Bin has been doing renovations since Christmas break. Also Klaas closed around 11 Friday night which is not good business imo

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Chipotle is way overated, been twice in Starkville and won't be back. Its your place if you like dried crunchy overpriced rice.
The girl cooking the chicken on the commercial, used the same tongs for raw chicken and cooked chicken. This is why Chipotle gives you the *****.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
To me Moe's is much better than Chipotle
Just had Chipotle yesterday. It used to be way better. Literally the only options were rice, beans, salsa, shredded cheese, and some form of greenery (spinach?). Oh and queso and fajita veggies for an extra fee. Their chips are bland and their salsa portions are terrible. Granted, the burrito was delicious, but at that price point it should be, and that's just not enough to be successful. They are in that stage where they are living on a past reputation. Moe's is better.

Really, they just need one cheap side that is filling. How hard is that? Is it really worth losing repeat business over some extra salsa? To the executives, apparently so.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Was in Starkville on business on a weeknight in October and decided to stop in and grab Chipotle on the way to the hotel. There was a line of college kids there and one lady working.

They had rice, beans and chicken to make burritos. No veggies, quac, chips, queso or any toppings. The counter was a mess trash was all over the floors behind the counter. Not a very pleasant experience.

Had a similar experience at the one in Hoover last summer. I understand they get slammed, but most of the sandwich places do too and you don't see their counters being a total mess.

GTDawg

Sep 8, 2021
Not a huge Chipotle fan but my wife and kids are so I will order on the app and go through the pickup line. Twice in a two-month period I went and they didn't have chips.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Did Salsaritas completely shut down because the one in Southaven closed too.

I don’t like Chipotle because of their marketing. They are very much into the pseudoscience in vilifying conventional agriculture and when they’re called out on it or approached about educating corporate they refuse to even listen.
Completely gone in Tupelo. :-( Still operating in Starkville as of a week ago.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Screw Chipolte. As long as I have Green Ghost and Taco Loco within a 15 minute drive I don't need Chipolte's crap.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login