Alright, let’s talk pitching

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Gotta think Pico gets the start tonight. Dohm seems like a major wildcard. Do you go to him tonight in the 5th if you’ve got a lead?

Guessing Tyler Davis is available for an inning or two.

If Dohm throws today, I don’t even have a good guess who might start tomorrow.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Gotta think Pico gets the start tonight. Dohm seems like a major wildcard. Do you go to him tonight in the 5th if you’ve got a lead?

I’d think you’d need to throw Dohm tonight if he is available. If we win tonight, it’ll just be “Johnny Wholestaff” tomorrow.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Everyone is available except for the three starters and Schuelke. We probably will also hold Hardin for tomorrow if we can win tonight.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
If you need Dohm (and we probably will) use him tonight. Figure tomorrow out after the win. If the O could get us a decent lead I'd hold off on dohm and see what he can do starting tomorrow but that seems like a pipe dream.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think Ligon and Hardin go tomorrow along with an inning from probably most anyone else.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

We have more than they do, regardless. They’ll have to Bertman one of their only good starters to have any kind of advantage with pitching.

Reactions: skydawg1

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
People have said it can’t work like this but if there was ever a time to let Lo throw exclusively lefty for an inning or two, it’s now.
He threw 107 pitches. He’s done for the regional. He’s ambidextrous, not two people.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Pico goes then it’s next best arm up for as long as we can go. There really is no strategy at this point

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We have more than they do, regardless. They’ll have to Bertman one of their only good starters to have any kind of advantage with pitching.
They’ve got a slew of arms left. No way we have more than they do. They have 3 guys who aren’t available… the rest of their staff is sitting on go

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think Ligon and Hardin go tomorrow along with an inning from probably most anyone else.
Cole Cheatham threw against UT in Hoover. It would be great to get a lead and use him and/or Gavin Black get us through tonight.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
They’ve got a slew of arms left. No way we have more than they do. They have 3 guys who aren’t available… the rest of their staff is sitting on go
So the fact that their staff sucks *** is lost on you? Surprising.****

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
So the fact that their staff sucks *** is lost on you? Surprising.****
They’ve got 8 arms with an era under 5. 6 with an era under 4.

they don’t have our top 2 arms… but the rest of their staff is just as good as ours.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
They’ve got 8 arms with an era under 5. 6 with an era under 4.

they don’t have our top 2 arms… but the rest of their staff is just as good as ours.
Because the ACC is loaded. I see.

muh stats.****

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Because the ACC is loaded. I see.

muh stats.****
They’ve out performed the sec so far this post season.

if you think our 4th arm and our pen minus Davis is better than what Virginia has left… so be it…. Our staff is good with 2 guys pitch…. St. John’s just scored 5 on our 3rd starter and they suck.

we better hit

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Pico goes then it’s next best arm up for as long as we can go. There really is no strategy at this point
It’s going to take a big outing from someone you don’t expect. Like Pico going the distance, or Stephen coming back on 2 days rest, or Nate Dohm going 100+ pitches after barely pitching any coming off of injury.
The script is out the window, it’s time for someone to step up and write their story.

Edit: Also, we gotta keep slugging.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It’s going to take a big outing from someone you don’t expect. Like Pico going the distance, or Stephen coming back on 2 days rest, or Nate Dohm going 100+ pitches after barely pitching any coming off of injury.
The script is out the window, it’s time for someone to step up and write their story.
This

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Anyone throwing against us can be successful but in ACC play their team ERA was 6.71 and OBA was .292.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Anyone throwing against us can be successful but in ACC play their team ERA was 6.71 and OBA was .292.
Blanco
Tonas
Augustin
Hungate
Moore
Osinski
Savino

all were solid in acc play. 4 of those are available

anyone know who they are starting?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Blanco
Tonas
Augustin
Hungate
Moore
Osinski
Savino

all were solid in acc play. 4 of those are available

anyone know who they are starting?
Don’t know but Moore and Osinkis overall numbers are bad. I can’t find their individual ACC play. Moore has only thrown 13 IP this year.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We will face below average pitching tonight and possibly tomorrow

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is the recipe.

I hope that idiot Lemonis can see it and has told the boys this is the strategy.
Reminds me of a guy beating his chest after a dunk. It's two points bro. Doesn't mean you're good enough to win this game

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Don’t know but Moore and Osinkis overall numbers are bad. I can’t find their individual ACC play. Moore has only thrown 13 IP this year.
Their message boards seem to like woolfolk will throw for them tonight but I haven’t seen anything official… but that doesn’t make sense since he’s been a relived the back half of the year

coady has been their Sunday guy but it’s typically a bullpen game for them on Sundays

Reactions: 8dog

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016

Stephen ain't pitching again in this Regional

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

Pico sure as heck did his part.
Shame the rest of the team melted down before we got our shot in the 9th.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login