57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Remaining schedule:

@ Vandy
Gov Cup Game
Alabama
@ Arkansas
Missouri

Arkansas, Vandy, OM and Alabama are top 25 RPI. That’s 10 games. If we can get through those something like 6-4; we could go into the last weekend with hosting on the line.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
1 @ Ark
1 @ Vandy
Gov Cup
2 Bama
2 Mizz

I don’t know if that hosts or not. We’d be on the edge, IMO.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
We are much improved this year.

10-8 with a lot of close losses

We were 6-12 through 18 SEC games last year.
We are. I know we’re a glass half empty kind of fan base, but I’m mostly pleased. Yes we have lost games for stupid reasons, but I hope we start seeing that less with a little more time. We have the makings of a team that can be dangerous in the tourney.

My one thing I’ll say is they still need to demote Cheese and get someone else to coach baserunning. Sorry.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Gotta win two more series and Gov Cup and not get swept.
That’s my minimum expectation but get us to post season by hook or crook, then make a little noise and it is at least progress.

How much fo you need for Lemonis to gain your support? Just make post season? Win a regional? Host& Lose regional or host and win regional? You need any more than that then you arent realistic. This team is limited but they can at least compete.
The best I see right now is a 2nd seed at a lower 1 and win that regional but I can’t see this team winning any super.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
FYI, I hope they prove me wrong and make leaps and bounds to get better and make it to CWS.
I won’t even ask to win a game there.

Reactions: 17itdawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We are not hosting. Our RPI is nowhere near host territory right now. Would need to be in 20-25 range to even have a prayer.

I think the more realistic goal is playing yourself into a strong 2 seed and maybe you get paired with one of the weaker hosts and can win a road Regional.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That’s my minimum expectation but get us to post season by hook or crook, then make a little noise and it is at least progress.

How much fo you need for Lemonis to gain your support? Just make post season? Win a regional? Host& Lose regional or host and win regional? You need any more than that then you arent realistic. This team is limited but they can at least compete.
The best I see right now is a 2nd seed at a lower 1 and win that regional but I can’t see this team winning any super.
If he makes it to a Super he will be back.

If he misses the NCAAT he is done.

The gray area is if we lose in a Regional.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014

If we make postseason, I wouldn't say gain more support, but I also wouldn't voice that he be fired. To support him, I would say win a regional.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Remaining schedule:

@ Vandy
Gov Cup Game
Alabama
@ Arkansas
Missouri

Arkansas, Vandy, OM and Alabama are top 25 RPI. That’s 10 games. If we can get through those something like 6-4; we could go into the last weekend with hosting on the line.

I don't like our chances of winning a game in either Nashville or Fayetteville. Barring a miracle finish, we're not hosting, forget it. Our RPI is going to be a factor. We're currently 45th after sweeping a team that had an RPI in the 20's.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Warren Nolan predicted results have us getting swept in Nashville; taking 2 from Bama; winning the Gov Cup; getting 1 in Ark and sweeping Missouri.

That’s a predicted record of 16-14 in the SEC, RPI of 44 & 41 SOS.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Warren Nolan predicted results have us getting swept in Nashville; taking 2 from Bama; winning the Gov Cup; getting 1 in Ark and sweeping Missouri.

That’s a predicted record of 16-14 in the SEC, RPI of 44 & 41 SOS.
You’re safely in with that but just kind of a low 2 or high 3 with that RPI.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Gotta get one @ Vandy

We probably need 16 maybe 17 SEC wins to host. Beating Ole Miss in Pearl would help
Hosting is out of the question. 14 SEC wins probably gets us in, 15 definitely does. Good sweep this weekend. We’re right on pace for 15-15.

Reactions: skydawg1

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't like our chances of winning a game in either Nashville or Fayetteville. Barring a miracle finish, we're not hosting, forget it. Our RPI is going to be a factor. We're currently 45th after sweeping a team that had an RPI in the 20's.
We’ll win 1 of those 6 for sure. Maybe 2. Then 4 from Bama & Mizzou.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think best case scenario is we are a 2 seed in a mid-major hosted Regional. Coastal, Indiana State, UCSB, something like that.

My expectation is Tallahassee for the billionth time or maybe Clemson.

Last edited:
Reactions: onewoof and patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If he makes it to a Super he will be back.

If he misses the NCAAT he is done.

The gray area is if we lose in a Regional.
We are not firing him if he makes the tournament, nor should we.

Missing the tournament three years in a row would be the gray area.

I believe we will be a 2-seed somewhere and give somebody hell.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I believe we will be a 2-seed somewhere and give somebody hell.
I kind of like our odds with Cintje in a winners bracket game. Better find a way to scrape out game 3 though. Cause if we go to game 4, it could get ugly.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Auburn hosted last year at 17-14 and an RPI around 30. Ironically, they also swept Missouri to seal it.

I’m not expecting it, but 17-14 + Gov Cup is going to get us some looks. We’re probably back in the Top 25 this week.

Honestly, the Alcorn game is a swift kick in the nuts today. If it gets rained out, we’re certainly in the discussion.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Auburn hosted last year at 17-14 and an RPI around 30. Ironically, they also swept Missouri to seal it.

I’m not expecting it, but 17-14 + Gov Cup is going to get us some looks. We’re probably back in the Top 25 this week.

Honestly, the Alcorn game is a swift kick in the nuts today. If it gets rained out, we’re certainly in the discussion.
Auburn was 19 when they announced hosts.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Here is the deal. Our rpi is going to be awful unless we win a series in Fayetteville or go on a crazy run. Our non conference skate was awful and we have some BAD losses. There is no feasible path to hosting.

14-16 in the SEC: We are done. Not getting bid.

15-15: This puts us on the razor’s edge. Close to 50/50. Maybe we get a bid and maybe we don’t. We will be sweating it with an rpi in the 40’s. You are banking on the committe me overlooking our rpi because we are .500 in the SEC, but knowing the SEC record was better than it should’ve been because we missed the best SEC East teams.

16-14: should lock up a bid. Almost assuredly a 3 seed nobody wants.

I think we need 17 wins to get consideration as a 2, and probably 19 to enter the host conversation. Our rpi is just too bad. SEC schools don’t get host sites with what our rpi will be.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

This season, I like where we are as an entire team much better. I would just feel a whole lot better if we quit making stupid *** mistakes... on the base path especially.

We are slowly improving our defense and we're hitting the ball better. We just take an unexpected step back every now and then, which really drives me crazy.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Auburn was 19 when they announced hosts.
There was also a record # of SEC teams hosting last year. Not sure the it’ll be the benefit of the doubt this year.

D1 has WVU as the #16 seed right now. They’re sitting at #33 currently.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
There was also a record # of SEC teams hosting last year. Not sure the it’ll be the benefit of the doubt this year.

D1 has WVU as the #16 seed right now. They’re sitting at #33 currently.
Plenty of teams host with RPI’s above 20. It’s just what the NCAA is going to do to share host sites across regions of the country and conferences. But not SEC teams. There are plenty of those SEC options in the Top 20.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Ive been studying this for a long time, and baseball is where I think Im best.

Short of sweeping Arkansas, there is no path to host. The RPI is just way too low.

Here's honestly what we should do and we should be in good shape for a winnable regional:

1. Cancel the North Alabama mid week game
2. Aim for a top five SEC overall finish. Winning the series against Vanderbilt and not getting swept in Fayetteville would be key for this.
3. Need to win a game in Hoover.

If we do all of that, we should be in the mid-30s RPI wise when it counts.

Feels good to be 10-8 at this point. 15-15/16-14 is in play. Should have three more (2 vs. Florida and that one against Ole Miss sting). But like others have said, our non-conference slate was "get to a regional" not "host a regional"

Air Force and Evansville weren't bad. Going 5-1 in those two series is solid. Getting swept by Austin Peay was terrible. Georgia Southern was a good series. Splitting the Biloxi games wasn't horrible. Playing 3 vs. Mt. St Mary's plus the mid-week SWAC tour gave us way too many sub 275 games. Add in Central Arkansas and we have 7 games against the worst third of college baseball. When 28% of your non-conference games are against the worst 30% of the sport, it kills the RPI.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

patdog

May 28, 2007
Plenty of teams host with RPI’s above 20. It’s just what the NCAA is going to do to share host sites across regions of the country and conferences. But not SEC teams. There are plenty of those SEC options in the Top 20.
How many host with RPI above 40?

patdog

May 28, 2007
. Playing 3 vs. Mt. St Mary's plus the mid-week SWAC tour gave us way too many sub 275 games. Add in Central Arkansas and we have 7 games against the worst third of college baseball. When 28% of your non-conference games are against the worst 30% of the sport, it kills the RPI.
this was the RPI killer. And so easily avoidable.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
this was the RPI killer. And so easily avoidable.
Yep. And Central Arkansas loss was awful. They are 16-22. They did end a 7 game losing streak and swept 6-33 Bellarmine this weekend. Would help if they finished strong. If we go7-4 in the next 11 we have to cancel North Alabama.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login