Am I the only one a little nervous about tonight's MBB game?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I know I shouldn't be with us playing the second worst team in the league at home. I guess maybe it's because we have everything to win and USC has nothing to lose. They also have played much better on the road than at home. All 3 of their SEC wins have been on the road including UK at Rupp who took us down at our place. They also came within an eyelash of beating Bama just last week.

Sorry for the pearl clutching. I guess we have to look at it this way. If we can't TCB at home in a situation like this we have no business in the NCAAT anyway.

Go Dogs!

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
We’re Mississippi State fans; the only time we’re comfortable about a game is when we’re uncomfortable about a game.
Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
No, the game is very important for the team's future so being a little apprehensive is normal. Anybody can beat anybody else, for the most part. But we should take care of things tonight.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I know I shouldn't be with us playing the second worst team in the league at home. I guess maybe it's because we have everything to win and USC has nothing to lose. They also have played much better on the road than at home. All 3 of their SEC wins have been on the road including UK at Rupp who took us down at our place. They also came within an eyelash of beating Bama just last week.

Sorry for the pearl clutching. I guess we have to look at it this way. If we can't TCB at home in a situation like this we have no business in the NCAAT anyway.

Go Dogs!
You should always be worried about these types of games, always.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
As far as how my STATE Hoops experience has gone the last few decades I'll say today's game is one that worries me in the bottom 2% of games I've seen over the years. I have every right and reason to believe we have more than a fair chance to win and cover today. Today is a MUST Win and our players and coaches know it.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The great thing about a team like ours is that you can keep games close against teams superior in talent. The downside is that we can also keep games close against teams that have no business being in the game.

I have faith that Jan’s is going to have our guys ready, and we’ll get a win one way or another, but it would not surprise me in the least for it to be closer than expected

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Having watched State athletics for years, there is always reason to be worried. That said, at present I trust Jans to always have his team ready to play.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Go Dogs!
I wasn't nervous until I read this thread.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
This same SC team won in Lexington and took Bama to OT so it’s not crazy at all to be anxious.

Having said that, we’ve been playing well since late January and I trust Jans.

Reactions: QuaoarsKing

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If we played defense like we have been for the past few games, we win this game easily. Did you guys watch what they did to Texas A&M Saturday?

Reactions: patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Jans is a different type of coach from what we are used to. I don't think we will have any problems tonight.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Who's going to start the thread tonight or tomorrow telling us that 1. We're not True Maroon fans if we don't go to the game 2. Its our fault they lost for not supporting the team 3. How those big nasty corporations shouldn't spend their money on tickets if they aren't going to go so that Ma & Pa Kettle from Maben can buy a few tickets a year and go, but the corporations should donate $$$ for Hump expansion 4. How the students are just going to start flocking to games in droves if they get moved a few sections in either direction to courtside instead of behind the goals. Come on, lets hear it again.........

over it dead horse GIF
south park beat a dead horse GIF
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Who's going to start the thread tonight or tomorrow telling us that 1. We're not True Maroon fans if we don't go to the game 2. Its our fault they lost for not supporting the team 3. How those big nasty corporations shouldn't spend their money on tickets if they aren't going to go so that Ma & Pa Kettle from Maben can buy a few tickets a year and go, but the corporations should donate $$$ for Hump expansion 4. How the students are just going to start flocking to games in droves if they get moved a few sections in either direction to courtside instead of behind the goals. Come on, lets hear it again.........

over it dead horse GIF
south park beat a dead horse GIF
beating a dead horse wtf GIF
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Let's not leave them hanging around. Our offense can leave anyone in the game. But I'm glad it's at home and think our coach and our vet players know the sense of urgency. Just don't leave them hanging around, please.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005

Go Dogs!
I have no fear. In Chris Jans I trust. He will be the better coach on the court tonight and will x and o this team to a win.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I'm more nervous about our baseball game with those high flying Golden Eagles.
Who really cares about home basketball games at the Hump anymore???

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

Go Dogs!
It will be a blowout. Lay the points.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Don't worry, you'll play fine.

Of course, if you don't hit better than 50% from the free throw line we will demand you are kicked off the team and your scholarship rescinded.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
For this season, the Top 50 TEAMS (not individual players but TEAMS) are hitting 75% free throws. If you are hitting less than 50% of your individual free throws as an SEC caliber regular player maybe your scholarship should be "rescinded" unless you have serious talents elsewhere?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login