Amateur Athletics: Bring on private equity

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Where's the Saudi money?
Well considering the Saudi minister of investment is an Aggie I'll give you one guess. The reality is it's probably been there for years. Here he is with Rick Perry and ExxonMobil CEO Darren Woods getting honored at Kyle Field a few years ago.

They are the absolute worst.
1000010955.png

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

patdog

May 28, 2007
Other than Mississippi State, college sports is dead to me. NIL abuse, total unrestricted free agency every year, and conference realignment and greed have killed it. I’m watching professionals.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Other than Mississippi State, college sports is dead to me. NIL abuse, total unrestricted free agency every year, and conference realignment and greed have killed it. I’m watching professionals.
Agreed, and my question is, how long will College fans, feed this animal?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Does anyone else see this as a desperate and dangerous move for FSU? You’re essentially borrowing against future revenues. And you have to provide a high rate of return to get private equity funding. You’re gonna lose control of your athletic dept (private equity WILL control it). And you’re going to ensure you’ll be behind your peers financially for decades to come.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Does anyone else see this as a desperate and dangerous move for FSU? You’re essentially borrowing against future revenues. And you have to provide a high rate of return to get private equity funding. You’re gonna lose control of your athletic dept (private equity WILL control it). And you’re going to ensure you’ll be behind your peers financially for decades to come.
Can’t wait to see KKR implement a sale leaseback on Doak Campbell and send them to CUSA in 10 years.

Private equity is brilliant at exploiting gaps in the legal code and blowing up their subjects while extracting as much value as possible. Their athletic department will be in shambles over the medium term if this were to happen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Could they set up their own equity fund and hire their own People to run it. ?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm the same except I dropped pro's first back when "take a knee" became a thing. Since I did that my weekends seem so much longer now since I got Sunday afternoon freed back up for me and the family.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
We've been watching them for decades.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
JP Morgan investing in college athletes? Sounds shady enough for Crab Legs U
Hey Women’s tennis team, Epstein Enterprises on line 1.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login