Amazing the loyalty to Hancock

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
One of the worst players on the team. One of the worst starters in the SEC. Has regressed each and every season.

We bench a freshman catcher to make sure Captain Luke stays on the field.

At this point in the season, its time to play some younger kids. Im not saying bench him the rest of the season, but utterly amazed at why CL continues to just put him out there. But then again hes done it with just about all the players that were on the national championship team. They get to do what they want

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Didn't we have like 3 catchers committed in highfills class? I know one ended up somewhere else. I think he was from Oklahoma maybe. Anyone know if he played any this year?

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Highfill is still the unquestioned starting catcher. Catchers don’t need to play every single day though and need the occasional day off. Especially a true freshman.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Highfill is still the unquestioned starting catcher. Catchers don’t need to play every single day though and need the occasional day off. Especially a true freshman.
In college baseball, a catcher gets 3 days off every week. No college catcher ever needs a game day off. Catchers in the majors and minors play 6 games a week for 6 months with no problem.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
One of the worst players on the team. One of the worst starters in the SEC. Has regressed each and every season.

We bench a freshman catcher to make sure Captain Luke stays on the field.

At this point in the season, its time to play some younger kids. Im not saying bench him the rest of the season, but utterly amazed at why CL continues to just put him out there. But then again hes done it with just about all the players that were on the national championship team. They get to do what they want
Hancock is nowhere near a big problem with this team. He puts the ball in play anll the time and can play 1B capably.

Canton’s own and Bedwetter in the outfield absolutely destroyed us today. We know our pitching is garbage, but those 2 gave up a good 6 unearned runs on their own.

Lemonis and the gang will be gone by the end of the month. And it will be well past due.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
“Hancock puts the ball in play.” Yeah double plays.

give me a break. Hancock is really really really bad. I can’t believe he actually got a hit tonight! What does that make him about 3 for 68 in sec play? He’s Tough to watch bad. Atrociously bad. If you can’t see it, you should probably ride off into the sunset honeymoon with Lemonis and Hancock.

Last edited:

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Hancock is nowhere near a big problem with this team. He puts the ball in play anll the time and can play 1B capably.

Canton’s own and Bedwetter in the outfield absolutely destroyed us today. We know our pitching is garbage, but those 2 gave up a good 6 unearned runs on their own.

Lemonis and the gang will be gone by the end of the month. And it will be well past due.
The problem is Lemonis. Everyone else is a scapegoat. It was obvious last year and if you still don’t see it you are part of the problem

Reactions: patdog and eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
“Hancock puts the ball in play.” Yeah double plays.

give me a break. Hancock is really really really bad. I can’t believe he actually got a hit tonight! What does that make him about 3 for 68 in sec play? He’s Tough to watch bad. Atrociously bad. If you can’t see it, you should probably ride off into the sunset honeymoon with Lemonis and Hancock.
Lemme guess. You are a HUGE Hunter Hines fan? The guy that either hits one out of the park or is an easy out?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Hancock is not a SEC quality baseball player. That is the primary issue with this team. Way too many players that should be playing for Delta State or UAB instead of MSU.
Hines will be a heck of a player next year somewhere besides MSU.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Lemme guess. You are a HUGE Hunter Hines fan? The guy that either hits one out of the park or is an easy out?

a guy whose having one of the best offensive seasons in MSU history? Yes. Wish we had 3-4 other ones just like him.

.313 average, 1100 OPS. 22HR, 57RBI

in conference he is just as good

.304 average, 1100 OPS, 13HR, 26RBI

youre way too hung up on strikeouts. Turn on a MLB game its part of the game now, best accept it. Look no farther than the stats. We strikeout less than anyone in the league, yet our offense is average at best.

Reactions: Mjoelner

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
BTW: Hancock just wrapped up a 1 for 10 weekend.

His currently hitting .211 in confernece play with an OPS of 651.

To answer the poster above.. Hines is nearly doubling Hancock's production. Even with the strikeouts you have issues with. Hines has also walked more as well

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
a guy whose having one of the best offensive seasons in MSU history? Yes. Wish we had 3-4 other ones just like him.

youre way too hung up on strikeouts. Turn on a MLB game its part of the game now, best accept it. Look no farther than the stats. We strikeout less than anyone in the league, yet our offense is average at best.
Hey, thanks for letting me know what I’m too hung up on, Mr. Way Too Hung Up on Hancock guy!

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Hey, thanks for letting me know what I’m too hung up on, Mr. Way Too Hung Up on Hancock guy!
Obviously I’m dealing with a hancock family member. My apologies.

I do agree with a lot of things you say regarding other stuff, but this one i dont, and frankly glad other people in the baseball world dont either.

I hope we sign 10 guys that can be as productive as Hines has been over his first two seasons.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Obviously I’m dealing with a hancock family member. My apologies.

I do agree with a lot of things you say regarding other stuff, but this one i dont, and frankly glad other people in the baseball world dont either.

I hope we sign 10 guys that can be as productive as Hines has been over his first two seasons.
I was gonna make the same joke since you have “Hunt” in your name…. 🤣

I think if Hines could play 1B, he’d be doing it. One thing I’ll give Lemonis credit for is that he will try something different defensively when things aren’t working, like with Forsyth. Hines has had all year to take over that spot and hasn’t. MLB prospects aren’t one-tool players, period.

Hancock isn’t an SEC player, for sure. We have several like this. But, he fills in the gaps that this coaching staff seem to have missed.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Plenty of one tooled mlb players and prospects. That one tool just has to be good. Matter of fact they are littered all over the big leagues. There are guys that hit 220, dh, and hit 35 homers all over the league… ever heard of a guy named Adam Dunn. He made quite a few millions dollars with his one tool. There are pitchers that throw 100, but can’t throw an off speed pitch for a strike all over the league.

hines will no doubt be a high high draft pick. I can’t believe you are actually arguing this. I’ll bet you as much money as you want Hines will be drafted in the top 5 rounds of the draft next year.

lemonis has loyalty to certain players. Mainly the guys that won the natty. That was a problem for last years club and is again with certain players on this team. It took him all half a season to bench Forsythe when he was kicking balls all over the infield. Hancock is another one of his boys who doesn’t deserve to be playing but our coach doesn’t have the stones to bench.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Smoked em.

Reactions: HuntDawg

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
It is interesting that apparently Lemonis nixed the 2 run & Solo Homerun celebrations when State is trailing by 8 runs. Individual celebrations should always be a No No when you sick as a team. In fact, I would love to see our fans throw Solo HRs back on the field when the team is trailing big.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Plenty of one tooled mlb players and prospects. That one tool just has to be good. Matter of fact they are littered all over the big leagues. There are guys that hit 220, dh, and hit 35 homers all over the league… ever heard of a guy named Adam Dunn. He made quite a few millions dollars with his one tool. There are pitchers that throw 100, but can’t throw an off speed pitch for a strike all over the league.

hines will no doubt be a high high draft pick. I can’t believe you are actually arguing this. I’ll bet you as much money as you want Hines will be drafted in the top 5 rounds of the draft next year.

lemonis has loyalty to certain players. Mainly the guys that won the natty. That was a problem for last years club and is again with certain players on this team. It took him all half a season to bench Forsythe when he was kicking balls all over the infield. Hancock is another one of his boys who doesn’t deserve to be playing but our coach doesn’t have the stones to bench.
Or maybe the best baseball player to ever don the uniform who will undoubtedly start his MLB career after his HOF ceremony (the day he signs overall #1) isn’t good enough to beat out Hancock at 1B? Could it be that 17ing simple?

You’re obviously triggered. You’re being way too fanatical. Take a pill or something.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Or maybe the best baseball player to ever don the uniform who will undoubtedly start his MLB career after his HOF ceremony (the day he signs overall #1) isn’t good enough to beat out Hancock at 1B? Could it be that 17ing simple?

You’re obviously triggered. You’re being way too fanatical. Take a pill or something.
I’d rather just ignore your posts. Done. Prefer talking with people that grasp the game a little better.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’d rather just ignore your posts. Done. Prefer talking with people that grasp the game a little better.
I mean, how the 17 do you think I feel?

I’ve never even heard of you before today. I don’t care who you block.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login