Amazon opening "last-mile" facility in Starkville

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Are there that many people in the Golden triangle?
My guess is they were looking at a big void between Memphis, Jackson, and Birmingham - Starkville was kind of in the center and probably does more business than anywhere else in that area.

Tuscaloosa would easily be serviced out of Birmingham. Oxford and Tupelo out of Memphis.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
My guess is they were looking at a big void between Memphis, Jackson, and Birmingham - Starkville was kind of in the center and probably does more business than anywhere else in that area.

Tuscaloosa would easily be serviced out of Birmingham. Oxford and Tupelo out of Memphis.
Airport was a big driver too.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Its unreal the number of packages the MSU post office on campus handles for Amazon. The line will have 20+ people in it sometimes and 18 will have little yellow claim tickets in their hand for packages. As you walk by the PO boxes many many of them have those tickets in them. Freshmen students are required to have a P.O. Box and all students in the dorms have them so thats where their packages have to go

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

They would save a lot if they could avoid using the post office for places that their mail is processed in Memphis. That includes most of MS north of 82. I can't tell you how many packages I have had disappear into the Memphis processing center never to be tracked again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login