And another one…

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Makes me think we were lucky to win the first bid on all of these players.

May as well hire a marketing firm and fire all the assistant coaches.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well I'm glad I didn't get tickets to bowl game yet. Gonna be playing with the a few starters and lot of second string. That will be fun and worth the trip and vacation time right?

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Starkville_Native

Apr 30, 2014
When we're forced to actually miss Cohen. What a turn of events.
If only there were a position that were responsible for overseeing athletics... to maybe not make us look like a rudderless ship.
But what would one call such a position?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If only there were a position that were responsible for overseeing athletics... to maybe not make us look like a rudderless ship.
But what would one call such a position?
Athletics Overseer

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Hey goat, since we are defensive team does this one matter?
Starter and lead tackler in the sec?

just checking?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Some meddling going on or some locker room issues coming out this week. I imagine it didn't sit well with the team if there was some issues between leach and some starters.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
There's some talk that he's trolling on twitter, and not really hitting the portal. we'll see tomorrow i guess

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I cancelled bowl reservations today. I’m sitting here looking at BC donation today-I’ve been giving to the BC for over 40 years, but I’ve decided after today’s/tonight’s activity by our “football players” that I’m officially done. My wife was sitting at the computer earlier looking at the Bulldog Club “request” like every year (I make my contribution in December every year so I can get the tax deduction (it used to be 100%, but only about 80% these days) and I don’t give what I used to, but still try to give in the mid-4 figures in my retirement). I told her to not give them anything. There was a brief silence before she asked me “what?” and I told her we are done. The BC was started to provide money for football scholarships for student athletes at Mississippi State University in its inception. It occurred to me that these entitled prima donna athletes don’t give 2 ***** about scholarships any more, so I’m not wasting $5000-7000 a year to these 17s. They are more about NIL than anything else, so 17 that, too. I’m cancelling the BI contribution as well. On tomorrow or Friday. 17 these entitiled mother17ers. The only thing I’m doing is buying the baseball season tickets so I can keep my chairbacks at DNF. When that goes south I’ll cancel those, too. I’ve had it with this 17ing ********. Ya’ll have fun. I’m out. After nearly 50 years, I’m out. Can’t do this shat anymore.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I cancelled bowl reservations today. I’m sitting here looking at BC donation today-I’ve been giving to the BC for over 40 years, but I’ve decided after today’s/tonight’s activity by our “football players” that I’m officially done. My wife was sitting at the computer earlier looking at the Bulldog Club “request” like every year (I make my contribution in December every year so I can get the tax deduction (it used to be 100%, but only about 80% these days) and I don’t give what I used to, but still try to give in the mid-4 figures in my retirement). I told her to not give them anything. There was a brief silence before she asked me “what?” and I told her we are done. The BC was started to provide money for football scholarships for student athletes at Mississippi State University in its inception. It occurred to me that these entitled prima donna athletes don’t give 2 ***** about scholarships any more, so I’m not wasting $5000-7000 a year to these 17s. They are more about NIL than anything else, so 17 that, too. I’m cancelling the BI contribution as well. On tomorrow or Friday. 17 these entitiled mother17ers. The only thing I’m doing is buying the baseball season tickets so I can keep my chairbacks at DNF. When that goes south I’ll cancel those, too. I’ve had it with this 17ing ********. Ya’ll have fun. I’m out. After nearly 50 years, I’m out. Can’t do this shat anymore.

Thanks for what you've contributed over the years!

At the end of the day we are still the customer/consumer and sometimes your only alternative when no one cares or is listening is to vote with your pocket book.

Power to the People

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
You can thank the SCOTUS for opening this sh*t show and the state legislatures for not establishing a uniform code for NIL and the NCAA for rolling over and playing dead when they were needed to restore order to the sports multiverse. Amateur college sports is dead. It's a money grab now and fits right into our dysfunctional society.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't have a lot of money to give to school, so this won't matter in the long run. I've decided not to really worry about all this. We're just getting started in all this mess so I have no idea where it's gonna end up and it is ridiculous to get angry about it right now. Sorry for losing my temper on such a trivial matter really. Our football team and organization is more than just one player or his juvenile ways of handling his departure.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
One part of me 100% agrees with you but another part of me doesn’t want us to become the Pre- Mullen football program. So I will continue low 5 figures to BDC for tickets and 4 figures to BI. That is all I can afford. I love MSU too much to let some spoiled *** brats ruin it for me. If they want to leave fine. Replace them with portal players that can’t leave without sitting out a year. Become the TB rays of college football. Develop talent over and over. When it leaves for higher pay find cheap talent from other places and develop them. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
From a lifelong Bulldog, thank you for your contributions to our student-athletes over the years. If tonight's events are an indication of the new norm, I'm certain that you won't be alone in your decision. Hail State
You can donate that to restricted funds for your old academic department if you want to support students - limit it to need-based scholarships for people from your hometown or county if you want.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
One part of me 100% agrees with you but another part of me doesn’t want us to become the Pre- Mullen football program. So I will continue low 5 figures to BDC for tickets and 4 figures to BI. That is all I can afford. I love MSU too much to let some spoiled *** brats ruin it for me. If they want to leave fine. Replace them with portal players that can’t leave without sitting out a year. Become the TB rays of college football. Develop talent over and over. When it leaves for higher pay find cheap talent from other places and develop them. Rinse and repeat.

Paging Billy Beane.....the Bulldog Bat signal is calling your name. AD position is open.

Reactions: Tsunhater

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thanks for your support. Please don't let a couple of young men change your mind about your school. Do you remember what it was like to be young and impetuous, right? Somehow this will all even out in the end. I'm betting on the players who want to be a part of Mississippi State and the Mississippi State family

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I hate reading this but know: you are on the very tip of why this will ultimately break….the sheer lack of support for the system.

Save your money a couple of years….then dump it back in when we separate from this madness.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
There's lots of folks in the same boat as you. I have reservations for the bowl game, but have not bought tickets yet. I may cancel as well. Don't really want to make a 15-16 hr. drive to watch our 2nd string get pummeled like we did last year in the Liberty.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This is starting to wear down my patience. 3 Star Croot developed by STATE into a 2nd Team All SEC LB. Makes you wonder what type of conversations are going on between our players and Leach. Are we trying to keep these guys or deciding they're just not worth the money and hassle?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login