And Auburn won't blink...

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
This its the reason they leaked the story about the assistant. Trying to get him fired for cause using the morality clause.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
This its the reason they leaked the story about the assistant. Trying to get him fired for cause using the morality clause.

Makes you wonder how much they’d pay her just to say she 17ed him (regardless of whether she actually did or not), just so they wouldn’t have to pay him $18 million.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I don’t see how they keep him. How can you walk by each other in hallways after this? They're working to establish ‘cause’, IMO.

Also, this seems dumb on Auburn’s part:

Harsin's buyout, like Malzahn's, cannot be offset by taking a job at another program, meaning he would get every penny owed.

MetEdDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Auburn isn't firing for cause because Harsin would take this to court and it would out their donors publicly. Rest assured, if they could fire for cause they would have already done it. Instead they waited till the man was on vacation and tried to end around him. Chicken **** move.

Harsin has the upper hand right now and I have to think he knows it. If he stays the course they will pay him the full buyout. My Auburn folks firmly believe the assistant story is a total fabrication and that this is the higher ups chance to grab the power back. They think the money folks really want Freeze and that makes a lot of sense given he established NIL basically at Ole Miss before NIL was cool.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If Auburn is firing Harsin for his young pusswa piccadillos, then why would they hire Freeze who has the same fondness?

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
Firing a coach for cause to hire a coach previously fired for cause...

would be the most Auburn thing ever....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Makes you wonder how much they’d pay her just to say she 17ed him (regardless of whether she actually did or not), just so they wouldn’t have to pay him $18 million.

Would have to have a lot more to back it up than he said/she said with that kind of money on the line. Not to mention the inevitable litigation circus would be incredibly damaging as would the chilling message sent to prospective coaches.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't think Freeze is employable much anywhere else but where he is.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
He'll crawl out of the sewer and be at an SEC school again at some point.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
As this thread illustrates, Aubs has a significant public relations problem on its hands. It is losing whether Harsin is kept or fired. Total dysfunction. But is there a more deserving program in the country? They have gone low at every decision point in athletics in the last 25 years.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Y'all still believe that Hugh was paying those hookers for himself?

No. I believe 100% that the hookers were for recruits. But, Freeze was allegedly involved in multiple affairs on his wife, while preaching "God's word" to his congregation of OM fans.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I absolutely believe he was paying hookers both for himself and for recruits. I think the one in Tampa was probably for himself. I don't think you send hookers over to a recruits parents' house. I think the ones for recruits were mostly for the recruiting trips to Oxford.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
As crazy as those boosters are in Alabama I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them is feeding the story to the press just to get rid of Harsin… If Harsin, Freeze or whoever is coaching and winning, they (Auburn) DGAF about morals. It’s when they are not winning is when those type of things come to light.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
No. I believe 100% that the hookers were for recruits. But, Freeze was allegedly involved in multiple affairs on his wife, while preaching "God's word" to his congregation of OM fans.

What does him getting some strange on the side have to do with football.********

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'll say it again, I envy the Auburn Athletic Dept ability to not give a 17. They hired Bruce Pearl and are now being rewarded for it. You can't tell them **** about making "dicey" hires at this point. They ain't listening.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Auburn needs another cheap yes man. The last time they did this was Chizik, and it actually did work. Unfortunately they actually let him start running things after the national title, and we see how that turned out. Anyways, let the boosters operate how they will. Freeze isn't that guy, he's a lightning rod. Has to be somebody sensitive to the cause. Maybe Muschamp?

Oh, even better......Bill Clark. That's if Auburn knows what's best for them.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Auburn isn't firing for cause because Harsin would take this to court and it would out their donors publicly. Rest assured, if they could fire for cause they would have already done it. Instead they waited till the man was on vacation and tried to end around him. Chicken **** move.

Harsin has the upper hand right now and I have to think he knows it. If he stays the course they will pay him the full buyout. My Auburn folks firmly believe the assistant story is a total fabrication and that this is the higher ups chance to grab the power back. They think the money folks really want Freeze and that makes a lot of sense given he established NIL basically at Ole Miss before NIL was cool.
100% this.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
A different booster just gave their athletics department 20 mil, just to get his name on the basketball arena. Earmarked for basketball and the largest donation in Auburn athletics history.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I don't think Freeze is employable much anywhere else but where he is.

He is definitely employable at AU! Why would he not be? Auburn could care less about optics or public relations. After all, they gave Pearl a life-time contract and what bigger sleaze bag is there anywhere else (unless maybe it's Will Wade at LSU)?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
You fire a guy for an affair then turn around and hire a guy for the same thing? Nah.

Yeah, that move would give Harsin all the ammo he needed to win a lawsuit to get his full buyout and then some. If they fire Harsin for cause, the replacement is gonna have to be cleaner than Mother Teresa.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Y'all still believe that Hugh was paying those hookers for himself?

Of course because there's no way it would be for a 17 year old minor recruit, that would be devastating. So it has to be for the coach.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nick Saban thought he was employable at Alabama, but the SEC office overruled that. I doubt Auburn has more pull than he does. Freeze is a much bigger sleazeball than Bruce Pearl is.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
You fire a guy for an affair then turn around and hire a guy for the same thing? Nah.

They aren't firing Harsin for an affair, and the definitely wouldn't let an 8 year old affair stop them from hiring somebody that they thought could win at a high level. Now there may be other skeletons in Hugh's closet that make him unhirable, but it damn sure won't be an affair from almost a decade ago.

Bud.sixpack

Aug 24, 2012
Sankey says NO on Freezus for covering Hugh's *** during and after the investigation. For how long I don't know.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

My only counterpoint to this. We live in the information age, it would be hard to keep that a secret. I'm sure Rosebowl investigated this and didn't find enough creditable info to make a book out of it. No other up and coming journalists found any proof (it'd make a career proving a sitting SEC coach did this). I think it would be easy enough to find co-eds, young female alumna or even wives of alumnus that are willing to "entertain recruits."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login