And down the stretch they come! (hoops not horse racing)

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Six regular season games left. We are in decent position with all the various rankings.
NETFaktor (KPI)ESPN SORESPN BPIKenPomTorvik

The schedule presents some great opportunities to improve upon those numbers.
65 Ole Miss Q2
88 at LSU Q2
21 Kentucky Q1
7 at Auburn Q1
45 at A&M Q1
59 USC Q2
Likeliest SEC Tournament first round opponents are Ole Miss, LSU, or A&M. A chance it could be Georgia. On a neutral court, A&M as of today would be Q1, LSU and UM would be Q2. Georgia is barely Q2 right now, clocking in at 98 in the NET.

I think we need at least three wins from these seven. Four wins and I would feel great. It would be really nice to pick up another road win. There are just two teams in the top 50 of the NET with only one road win on the season - us and Nebraska. Our 6-0 record in neutral court games helps, but the 1-6 road record stands out like a sore thumb. Obviously LSU seems like the best chance.

For what it's worth (which is nothing), both Torvik and Warren Nolan project us at 4-2 with the losses at Auburn and A&M. Do that, and it is truly a matter of playing for seeding in Nashville.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
W vs OM
W vs LSU
L vs UK
L vs Auburn
50-50 vs A&M
W vs SCE

The A&M game would be great to win, obviously, but I think its a total coin flip as of now. They beat Tennessee, Florida, and Kentucky. They lost to Arkansas, Vandy, and LSU.
They are just like MSU in that they can win or lose on any given day against basically any team in the SEC.

ESPN Matchup Predictor has us favored in all games except @ Auburn, for what it's worth(which is nothing).

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login