And Freeze moves to #1 on the A&M board

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Never seen a preacher "willingly" down grade.
I have. My mentor could have gone a lot of places, but instead, he chose a less paying job as a church planter. I turned down two higher paying jobs. Of course, one was out in California, the other I would have had to compromise my beliefs. There are others that I know of, but nobody hears about them because most notice the gold diggers.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
Never seen a preacher "willingly" down grade.
It happens. Among the well known ones are Francis Chan and John Mark Comer. I know 1 in mississippi who left his pastorate bc he felt God was calling him to sell everything and move into a trailer park and serve the families of addiction and abuse. It's abnormal, but the gate is indeed narrow.

There is going to be a LOT of panic when the goats are separated from the sheep among those in the modern western church, imo.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have. My mentor could have gone a lot of places, but instead, he chose a less paying job as a church planter. I turned down two higher paying jobs. Of course, one was out in California, the other I would have had to compromise my beliefs. There are others that I know of, but nobody hears about them because most notice the gold diggers.
I think that is the exception and not the rule.

I commend you for sticking with your beliefs, that's becoming more and more unusual in the ministry. Pride and greed rule now.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It happens. Among the well known ones are Francis Chan and John Mark Comer. I know 1 in mississippi who left his pastorate bc he felt God was calling him to sell everything and move into a trailer park and serve the families of addiction and abuse. It's abnormal, but the gate is indeed narrow.

There is going to be a LOT of panic when the goats are separated from the sheep among those in the modern western church, imo.
Francis Chan is still making bank. His net worth is estimated to be $15mil.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
Francis Chan is still making bank. His net worth is estimated to be $15mil.
I don't have the man's checkbook, but I think he donates all his income from book sales, has donated almost all of his wealth, and he stepped down from his lofty position as a head pastor of a mega church to move to China and serve the underground church there.

I looked it up, since you mentioned it, and saw estimates of his net worth from the number you cited to 300,000.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't have the man's checkbook, but I think he donates all his income from book sales, has donated almost all of his wealth, and he stepped down from his lofty position as a head pastor of a mega church to move to China and serve the underground church there.

I looked it up, since you mentioned it, and saw estimates of his net worth from the number you cited to 300,000.
With the number of books, etc., he's sold I'd wager his net worth is closer to the $15mil.

He's a great preacher and I like him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login