And I thought it was cold with a wind chill of -20

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Mt. Washington is fascinating. Mountains make there own weather. The wind up there is ridiculous. Fastest recorded in 2 hemispheres at 231MPH. Its only 6200' tall as well.

-20 is a cold wind chill. We hit -25° air temperature the other morning. Plastic and aluminum breaks very easily at that temp. No idea what the wind chill was as my weather station's wind gauge has been frozen solid with ice since Thanksgiving. But it was only a 10 mph wind max in town. My oldest took a school field trip that morning to the dog sled races down in the windy part of the valley and he said it was blowing pretty hard.

PXL_20230130_152435785_copy_2016x1134.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: preacher_dawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Hope you are enjoying your global warming. Thank goodness we are distancing ourselves from evil fossil fuels
I do eye rolls with the “climate emergency” types and their hysteria but also at statements like this because it’s just as silly.

It’s called weather. Records get broken. it’s not global warming or cooling or whatever. It’s effing weather.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Needs more air freshener.
That's the vent that blows my farts back towards the kids... I try to be a good dad.**

Actually. I broke the vent last year so those sticks keep it open and pointed at me. I'm not paying to fix that ****. It works just fine now. Figure when I trade it in ten years down the road if the appraisal guy is thorough enough to check and see if the vent works I will blame him for breaking it.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login