and just like that everyone jumped off the Softball bandwagon

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There's a difference between disappointing and jumping off the wagon.

ETA: All bitching aside I really am proud of them making the supers for the first time. That's the way you start building and improving a program

Last edited:

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
You kinda could see the way they were talking in postgame yesterday, that this was a possibility. Felt like yesterday beat em twice.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ll take the heat on this one. I haven’t been able to watch a single inning of the super, but I got home about 30 minutes ago and turned it on when we were up 1-0. The wheels absolutely fell off as soon as I started watching

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Arizona is a blue blood program that his been in this spot a ton, we are in uncharted waters for our program. Both of those things have been evident the last two days.

Winning the Regional is still a huge step forward for the program and very encouraging sign for the future. Easy to forget that this is only Ricketts’ second full year as a head coach.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yes in addition to the first ever super I expected them to again overachieve and go deep in the WCWS. Because that's what teams do the first time they make a run, they go all the way

Last edited:

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Been a good season. We need to recruit better. We aren't athletic at all. No speed. No pitching.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Been a good season. We need to recruit better. We aren't athletic at all. No speed. No pitching.

Tell me again why we should respect your opinion? Is it because you coach some Mississippi girls in softball. Basically the worst softball state in the country? Not getting my vote, especially when you clearly have no respect for the best Mississippi produced player on the team.

Take it somewhere else...

ETA this is clearly the best pitching staff we've had in many years. A sub 2 ERA in Tallahassee is why we are hosting a Super.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Like you said earlier we need better defense on the corners of the infield and a couple outfielders wouldn't hurt either

1B is actually a C. But if you look at AZ, that's the type players we need. If we can't pull more west coast kids, we'll never progress. The pitching recruiting is the most disappointing. We need some portal recruits. Throw everything we can at the Michigan kid.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Tell me again why we should respect your opinion? Is it because you coach some Mississippi girls in softball. Basically the worst softball state in the country? Not getting my vote, especially when you clearly have no respect for the best Mississippi produced player on the team.

Take it somewhere else...

1. I haven't coached n MS in 12 years.
2. Aspen was a great HS player but a very average P5 college pitcher.
3. 17 U because your opinion matters not to me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
1. I haven't coached n MS in 12 years.
2. Aspen was a great HS player but a very average P5 college pitcher.
3. 17 U because your opinion matters not to me

Did Aspen shut out the #2 team in the country to get us to this point? Answer honestly...

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Did Aspen shut out the #2 team in the country to get us to this point? Answer honestly...

She did. What else did she do this year? Look at her innings thrown this year and her results. Look who she gave up runs to. Willis was a Troy transfer. Our current staff hasn't really signed much. You're obviously caught up in your feelings.
We finished 11th in the SEC. We caught lightening in a bottle last week. We came back to earth this week.
Still a good season.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
She did. What else did she do this year? Look at her innings thrown this year and her results. Willis was a Troy transfer. Our current staff hasn't really signed much. You're obviously caught up in your feelings.
We finished 11th in the SEC. We caught lightening in a bottle last week. We came back to earth this week.
Still a good season.

The only feelings I'm caught up in is how full of **** you are
Your takes suck. You've presented yourself as some kind of softball savant and based on your opinions on multiple other things I have no respect for that either.

Best wishes.

I've enjoyed this season and your opinions added nothing to that. It was just time to say it.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The only feelings I'm caught up in is how full of **** you are
Your takes suck. You've presented yourself as some kind of softball savant and based on your opinions on multiple other things I have no respect for that either.

Best wishes.

I've enjoyed this season and your opinions added nothing to that. It was just time to say it.

Again, your opinion matters not to me. You stick to MS HS ball. I've been doing this a long time and most people on this board can see the obvious shortcomings we've got. As for Aspen, she's got two years to go and will be the best we've got next year unless we bring in some pitching. She needs to get herself in shape like a lot of these girls. She petered out around 50 pitches today. She deserved better than the defense she got today too. We're unathletic as hell, but we get the most out what we got. Unless FL wins tomorrow, no SEC teams will be in the WCWS. The west coast and big 12 rule softball this year.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You obviously care a little 17'n bit or you wouldn't be here.

And you just said something I completely agree with. WTF is the deal with the conditioning of this team?? It's hard to say when you're discussing women, but how can you have multiple players in a major college athletic program who are legitimately obese??

I may as well keep rolling I guess.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Baloney. These ladies had a helluva run, and I am damned proud of them wearing The Maroon and White

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
You obviously care a little 17'n bit or you wouldn't be here.

And you just said something I completely agree with. WTF is the deal with the conditioning of this team?? It's hard to say when you're discussing women, but how can you have multiple players in a major college athletic program who are legitimately obese??

I may as well keep rolling I guess.

I care about softball and State. I like Ricketts. I like the staff for the most part. We just have to recruit better. Athleticism is a huge issue. We're about to build a much needed facility. We've got to wear out the portal to get some players. It's not easy to recruit to State. I like the Polynesian players we've brought in. We need more kids from out west. More kids from FL too. We can't just take hind tit from the Thunderbolts. We need more Davidsons. MS is so limited. We've got to go get players. I'd love to see us build a berm area in the outfield to hold more people. I hope we can hold onto our coach (rumors). I hope we can keep DJ around.
By the way, I'm disappointed our fans didn't give Mia a standing O her last AB. But that's about all I'm disappointed in this season.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Girls getting bear downed

Arizona had a down season by their standards, but they are still loaded with talent. We just do not have the pitching. Willis gave us a shot yesterday, but we really needed to win Game 1. Aspen dominated Mississippi 5A softball at Neshoba Central, but she's an average P5 pitcher that a lineup like Arizona can feast on. She pitched out of her mind against Florida State. Hard to get that kind of performance 2 outings in a row.

Ricketts is always going to have a great lineup. We have to get an elite pitcher. Got to hit the portal and the JUCO ranks. Recruit that diamond in the rough that plays at Belhaven (D3 All-American from small town Louisiana). There are no SEC caliber pitchers in the Mississippi high school ranks.

Last edited:

JenBielema

Jan 6, 2020
Massively overweight team. Resembles Midwest beer league softball (I know) where you live and die by the long ball.

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
According to 247 sports apparently Arizona’s last three softball recruiting classes were ranked #9, #20, and #3. We were not ranked in the top 25 either years.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
We should have a chance to be pretty good next year. Obviously Mia Davidson and Annie Willis are huge losses, but beyond that most of the team is back. A lot of juniors on this team.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
We're going to kill the portal this round. We need a lot. Softball has always had free transfers for the most part, and OK gobbles up every top pitcher. We've now shown.we can make and host (in a big way) a super. The new facility is a big deal too. I plan to be at just about every home series next year. I'd encourage everyone to attend games. It's the only way we can grow it.
Next move should be a large outfield berm or something like AL to make it easier to fill up the park for big games.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I care about softball and State. I like Ricketts. I like the staff for the most part. We just have to recruit better. Athleticism is a huge issue. We're about to build a much needed facility. We've got to wear out the portal to get some players. It's not easy to recruit to State. I like the Polynesian players we've brought in. We need more kids from out west. More kids from FL too. We can't just take hind tit from the Thunderbolts. We need more Davidsons. MS is so limited. We've got to go get players. I'd love to see us build a berm area in the outfield to hold more people. I hope we can hold onto our coach (rumors). I hope we can keep DJ around.
By the way, I'm disappointed our fans didn't give Mia a standing O her last AB. But that's about all I'm disappointed in this season.

I was a full on *** yesterday. Wanted to apologize. Sorry you didn't get a better game to watch. Have a good remainder of the weekend.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I was a full on *** yesterday. Wanted to apologize. Sorry you didn't get a better game to watch. Have a good remainder of the weekend.

No problem. I'm an ahole too much myself. I've accepted that fact, so I'm good with others having strong opinions. In the end, we agree it was a great season and the support was awesome!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login