And that concludes my NIL subscription

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I’m a nobody donating what some people would call crumbs to the NIL. But I’ll be damned if I’ll continue to give beer money to kids that have zero loyalty to the university I love. It’s tiring, nauseating, and actually pretty stupid. I hope y’all have a better stomach for this crap than I do.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I’m a nobody donating what some people would call crumbs to the NIL. But I’ll be damned if I’ll continue to give beer money to kids that have zero loyalty to the university I love. It’s tiring, nauseating, and actually pretty stupid. I hope y’all have a better stomach for this crap than I do.

I understand!

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The 24.22 I gave last week will be my last.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Lance Reddick Reaction GIF by CBS

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Unfortunately, it's not the little guy like us that is driving this wagon, it's the cigar boys all over the country at the reins and the gold they are spending is chump change to them and just another form of entertainment where they and their money is revered and admired.

createusernamehere

Dec 8, 2022
Forget NIL. I’m struggling to decide whether to continue season tickets. College football used to not be what NFL is. A money hungry league of prima donnas. But, I’m now understanding grown men in NFL wanting to make a better living and support their families better. College athletes used to be just that — college kids “earning” their way to the top like the rest of us. The NIL is equivalent of a college kid walking in expecting a “C” level job or they will decline a job offer. These kids are too young to be bartering money for where they play.

If the NCAA doesn’t get a hold of this soon, college sports are definitely ruined. NFL will be destroyed in less than 10 years with non-loyal players and much like the NBA.
If this continues, our next AD needs to create private balconies in all the lower levels so the stadium stays filled.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'll still give because I enjoy watching State win some games. If that helps State win games - I'm all for it.

My budget of what I gave to State sports didn't change. I just moved part of my contribution from the Bulldog Club to the Bulldog Initiative.

Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Completely understand the anger, and being that we’re this early in the game, I’ve obviously got no way of verifying where these dollars are actually being spent.

That said, please do remember that you have the option of specifying where you want your money to go when donating, and if you’re sick of the college football cluster, you can still give to baseball or non profit sports. Like you, I will not give a dime to college football going forward

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It's like overnight I suddenly see 8 open weekends next Fall to work on food plots, dove hunt, work in the yard, vacation while its cool instead of when its hotter than Satans balls, watch some MSU Fall baseball practices, etc. I've been straddling the fence last few seasons but I'm now done w/ football season tickets and the ancillary costs that go with it i.e. seat premiums, parking passes, food & beverage. These latest moves don't make me want to donate more to NIL, it turns me totally against it now, sorry Charlie.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I'll still give because I enjoy watching State win some games. If that helps State win games - I'm all for it.

My budget of what I gave to State sports didn't change. I just moved part of my contribution from the Bulldog Club to the Bulldog Initiative.
and we kept a boat load of players through the BI. Its the best investment one can make for MSU

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
So you're going to punish the kids who are loyal and do stay by not giving NIL funds because you're mad at the handful of kids who leave? This makes zero sense. I don't like the current state of college athletics, but if every State fan decides to take stand, we'll get left behind.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
He didn't get a bunch of NIL money. So your post is stupid. Neither did RaRa.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
So you're going to punish the kids who are loyal and do stay by not giving NIL funds because you're mad at the handful of kids who leave? This makes zero sense. I don't like the current state of college athletics, but if every State fan decides to take stand, we'll get left behind.
We were left behind 50-60 years ago and no amount of money will ever catch us up. Yea, I know it’s a ****** attitude but I didn’t wake up one day with this attitude. Until last year I was a 20+ year club level season ticket holder. I donated more than required and more often than not donated to every project they asked for but things changed. Ironically the change coincided with Cohens take over of the athletic department but that could be just a coincidence. The Athletic department and the BBC shifted from a Thank you, we appreciate you, attitude to more of a you’re an inconvenience but write another check before you get out of our way attitude. I don’t see how the current model of college athletics is sustainable but once you let the genie out of the bottle, it’s tough to get him back in. All I know is that I’m not throwing money at something when I can’t see an ending that’s positive.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Unfortunately, it's not the little guy like us that is driving this wagon, it's the cigar boys all over the country at the reins and the gold they are spending is chump change to them and just another form of entertainment where they and their money is revered and admired.

This is correct. 95% of our NIL is controlled by probably 10-15 people. Common fan contributions are a drop in the bucket.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I completely understand the sentiment. I wouldn’t fault anyone for not donating or just bailing on college football it’s understandable.
My only question is did people say screw it and stop giving to BC when Mullen left? Your money went to his salary, he left because he had no loyalty. The only difference is he was a middle aged multimillionaire with the maturity and a team of publicists that made damn sure he didn’t air out his dirty laundry. We’ve all had this facade for years that players are loyal to their university but, with many exceptions, some were always looking out for number 1. Now with social media and the transfer portal we see it played out in public.
I still love college football, and I will still be giddy in August when that first ball is in the air, but I certainly can understand the sentiment. Hell, who am I to say anything to a lot of you because you have probably given more than me and gone to more games in the past 15 years than I have.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Players like all other college students go to college to get a job. And for players the job they want is to make it to the league. That is a huge long shot. So if they need to transfer to make that dream a reality then do what you got to do.

I'm not telling anyone how donate their money but if you give, give because it helps State not because a player is going to spend 4 years at State and love State the way you do.

Reactions: dgsmith15

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010

I’m pretty sure he did just take a stand.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
Sooo... I'm going to stop giving money we can use to buy kids from other teams because OUR kids are also being bought by other teams! Interesting take...

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
This is correct. 95% of our NIL is controlled by probably 10-15 people. Common fan contributions are a drop in the bucket.
If true, then why give to NIL? Instead stick with with the bulldog club and end up with better seats. Telling people their money doesn’t matter is not a way to get them to continue giving.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
If you drop NIL, you hurt the program. You're no different than DJ and his comments. This is a Miss State fan issue. Other SEC fans are trying to improve their programs. Our ****** fans get pissed at a kid and turn on the program. Hit the 17ing road.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

Doing them kids like Scott's Tots!

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
If you drop NIL, you hurt the program. You're no different than DJ and his comments. This is a Miss State fan issue. Other SEC fans are trying to improve their programs. Our ****** fans get pissed at a kid and turn on the program. Hit the 17ing road.
That's fine. But let me give you a dose of reality for the majority of people in the real world...

When crap like this happens, my priorities change. I'd rather spend that portion of my hard-earned money on MY kids rather than someone else's. If you find that strange, we will have to agree to disagree.

As I get older, I simply have more things in my life competing for a piece of the pie. The higher you are on my list, the more of that pie you get. Events like last night reinforce my wife's thoughts of how dumb it is to send beer money to kids we don't know.

And to be clear, I'm not putting this all on DJ. There was a symphony of errors. Players, coaches, and admins were all part of the shitshow.

patdog

May 28, 2007
When crap like this happens, my priorities change. I'd rather spend that portion of my hard-earned money on MY kids rather than someone else's. If you find that strange, we will have to agree to disagree.
No doubt. It's pretty much a done deal that I'm not going to care as much about Mississippi State football, or college football in general, going forward.

Reactions: DerHntr

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
A lot of Miss State fans are quitters and soft.
Hopefully I can upgrade to better tickets this year. We can replace the quitters.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If true, then why give to NIL? Instead stick with with the bulldog club and end up with better seats. Telling people their money doesn’t matter is not a way to get them to continue giving.

I’m not telling people to give or not give. That’s their choice. Nor do I care who gives or doesn’t give. Just stating the facts of the matter that apply to both MSU and other schools also.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I just donated $1000 to get a running back that isn't soft
Why not just re-allocate that $1,000 to go to Cabela's for gear to be purchased to be used in the Falll 2023 seasons? Not sayin'.....just sayin'

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Completely understand the anger, and being that we’re this early in the game, I’ve obviously got no way of verifying where these dollars are actually being spent.

That said, please do remember that you have the option of specifying where you want your money to go when donating, and if you’re sick of the college football cluster, you can still give to baseball or non profit sports. Like you, I will not give a dime to college football going forward

Or, give the money to the engineering college or business college or just academics in general.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012

I haven't given a penny and never will. It's a 17 up system and a few wins doesn't cut it for me.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
why bother? we are already way behind

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I know we would use it for beer money, but these guys ain't spending that EXTRA (yes, it's in addition to stipends) cheddar on Busch Light & Wings.

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
Why can't the Bulldog club divert some of its money to our NIL? Two birds with one stone, it would seem like.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Your are somebody, keep your head up, and don’t ever let anyone tell you different!

Reactions: aTotal360

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Don’t quit giving. No athlete wants to play in this offense at a discounted rate.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login