Andy Kennedy is leading UAB to the NIT final four

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Both Kennedy and Kermit Davis are good coaches. I just think Ole Miss is a basketball black hole.
Yeah....Kennedy and Davis are good coaches, but NOT great coaches. I haven't seen either of these 2 coaches put a defense on the court like Jans has. Now, on the other hand Kennedy and Davis have put many better offenses on the court than Jans has. So...........that pretty much sums it up what Jans has to do to become a great coach. Keep his defensive prowess and get the offense scoring in every way possible.....mainly outside shooting.

Reactions: patdog

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yep, and Pitt was better than anyone playing in the NIT.
Maybe, maybe not. But even if they aren't, that doesn't change the fact that losing in the opening round of the NCAA is a better accomplishment than going deep in the NIT.

I do think there's an argument that for a young team, an NIT run is better than an opening round loss. I used to believe it, but now it seems like there is so much turnover each off season that I'm not sure how often that would be the case.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Neither are good coaches. Neither are in the real tournament and one got fired for sucking. Howland took our asses and he wasn't good either.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Let me chime in and say there is NO WAY my stomach could handle uab winning the nit and bama winning the ncaa

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Maybe, maybe not. But even if they aren't, that doesn't change the fact that losing in the opening round of the NCAA is a better accomplishment than going deep in the NIT.

I do think there's an argument that for a young team, an NIT run is better than an opening round loss. I used to believe it, but now it seems like there is so much turnover each off season that I'm not sure how often that would be the case.
NCAA even the play in game we were in is better for the program. I don't think more playing time in the NIT is valuable and you get ZERO press coverage for it, less than the women's final four, less than baseball and softball.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

How about just admitting that neither is good but we still came out better the way we finished than we started when SEC play opened. It just drives home the fact that you cannot have that long of a losing streak and expect to get a decent seed from the B1G 10 loving and SEC hatin' NCAA. I hope the first meeting between our new AD and the SEC office has him handing about a comparison of our schedule of first 8 conference games vs everyone else's.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login