Another Bulldog Club Email

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
The financial press is officially on:

Thank you for your continued support of the Bulldog Club and MSU Student-Athletes. We are excited to inform you of some changes to the Bulldog Club which will enhance your overall experience as a member and streamline our internal operations. We appreciate your understanding as we move through these changes. As always, our goal is provide the best possible experience and customer service to you.

The Bulldog Club will shift to a fiscal year calendar for 2025 starting on July 1st, 2024. This means your Bulldog Club membership will run from July 1st - June 30th each year. To effectively make this transition the Bulldog Club will consider our 2024 period to run from January 1st - June 30th, 2024 to reset our schedule in preparation for 2025.

During the six month 2024 period, our members will see any 2024 Baseball and 2024 Football Required Seat Donations pledged on their account as well as any regular philanthropic pledges to our scholarship fund rolled over from 2023. Under this new structure the Bulldog Club will ask that all required seat donations for any sport are due prior to the season beginning. With this change required seat donations are expected to be paid prior to season tickets being released for each sport.

Below you will find a link to more information including your 2024 Invoice with all required seat donations that are due before June 15th, 2024. You will notice Football required seat donations have increased in select areas of the stadium. These incremental increases will allow Mississippi State to remain competitive within the SEC while still maintaining a range of fan-friendly price points. Donations in these areas have not increased since at least 2019. Even with these changes, MSU Football season tickets and seating are still some of the most affordable across the conference.

With this new fiscal year structure your Bulldog Club membership will align with the athletic, academic, and MSU Foundation calendar. This will help streamline the delivery of Bulldog Club benefits, tracking of ticketed inventory, offer inclusive payment options for members, and position the Bulldog Club in the best financial situation to support our departmental and student-athlete needs.

We are so grateful for the support of our membership and all you do to enhance the student-athlete experience. If you have any questions, please call our office at 662-325-3074.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
A little 2024 double dipping. No thanks

Cutting my pledge in half for "2024" and may resume it in full for "2025"... Depending on how shiìtty baseball and football look over the next 12 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I don't like changing the timeline for making your BC contributions from calendar year to fiscal. I have been donating & buying season tickets for 30 plus years and budget for that expenditure around year-end. It just seems like I am constantly paying the BC, MSU Ticket Office, & Bulldog Initiative these days. They are not making it easier to be a financial supporter of the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gooserip

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Question regarding Bulldog Club: I've never been a member. Have lived out of state basically since graduating from MSU. Haven't been back to campus in 20+ years and, frankly, wouldn't be surprised if I never step foot on it again. So, I'm not attending sporting events at all. Is there any value to me to join the Bulldog Club at this point?

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Question regarding Bulldog Club: I've never been a member. Have lived out of state basically since graduating from MSU. Haven't been back to campus in 20+ years and, frankly, wouldn't be surprised if I never step foot on it again. So, I'm not attending sporting events at all. Is there any value to me to join the Bulldog Club at this point?
My opinion currently would be that money would be better spent with contributions to The Bulldog Initiative.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You're the type of fan that absolutely should donate to the BC and BI. It's the minimum you could do, since you can't do anything else.

In all honesty, we really need to quit thinking in terms of what you get out of it. That answer is nothing, except helping MSU win in athletics, and whatever satisfaction you get from that.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not really. I’m making my old BC contribution to the Bulldog Initiative where it can do a lot more good. I still contribute a little to the BC, but less than half what I used to.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I see no value in it other than it allows me to buy season tickets - so I'd say no.

With our current lack of demand for tickets, it's cheaper to just by off secondary market --- so after 15 years of me donating & buying season tickets there's really no value to me either. I don't buy basketball or baseball season tickets so doesn't help me with seating priority to those sports.

It would probably make more sense to just set aside X amount of money every year for MSU athletics, cancel my football tickets & just buy secondhand like I do for other sports. Then whatever I didn't spend on tickets I could donate to NIL.

I like how they waited till the big NIL drive was over to announce this...

patdog

May 28, 2007
If I am not mistaken, doesn't the Bull Dog club pay the coaches most of their salaries?
It pays scholarships. Don’t think it can pay coaches & still be tax deductible if you forego your priority points prior yo making donation.

Reactions: GloryDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
So… say you have limited resources but want to contribute. Is it better to give to the Bulldogs Club or the NIL? Tough decision. What say you smart people?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The financial press is officially on:

Thank you for your continued support of the Bulldog Club and MSU Student-Athletes. We are excited to inform you of some changes to the Bulldog Club which will enhance your overall experience as a member and streamline our internal operations. We appreciate your understanding as we move through these changes. As always, our goal is provide the best possible experience and customer service to you.

The Bulldog Club will shift to a fiscal year calendar for 2025 starting on July 1st, 2024. This means your Bulldog Club membership will run from July 1st - June 30th each year. To effectively make this transition the Bulldog Club will consider our 2024 period to run from January 1st - June 30th, 2024 to reset our schedule in preparation for 2025.

During the six month 2024 period, our members will see any 2024 Baseball and 2024 Football Required Seat Donations pledged on their account as well as any regular philanthropic pledges to our scholarship fund rolled over from 2023. Under this new structure the Bulldog Club will ask that all required seat donations for any sport are due prior to the season beginning. With this change required seat donations are expected to be paid prior to season tickets being released for each sport.

Below you will find a link to more information including your 2024 Invoice with all required seat donations that are due before June 15th, 2024. You will notice Football required seat donations have increased in select areas of the stadium. These incremental increases will allow Mississippi State to remain competitive within the SEC while still maintaining a range of fan-friendly price points. Donations in these areas have not increased since at least 2019. Even with these changes, MSU Football season tickets and seating are still some of the most affordable across the conference.

With this new fiscal year structure your Bulldog Club membership will align with the athletic, academic, and MSU Foundation calendar. This will help streamline the delivery of Bulldog Club benefits, tracking of ticketed inventory, offer inclusive payment options for members, and position the Bulldog Club in the best financial situation to support our departmental and student-athlete needs.

We are so grateful for the support of our membership and all you do to enhance the student-athlete experience. If you have any questions, please call our office at 662-325-3074.
state entities run on fiscal. I suspect they are just making their accounting easier to align with.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
$100 from all alumnus will go a long long long way

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I'll wager any amount of Monopoly money that someone wants to bet....

A coach paid $1M in annual salary who's given $10M to spend on his team will defeat any coach who's paid $10M in salary but has only $1M to spend on his team.

NIL all the way.

Reactions: CDawg08 and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login