Another one lost at the FT line

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve seen bad FT shooters at every level, but never in my life have I seen an entire team this inexplicably wretched at the line.

Church league 8-year olds can shoot better from the charity stripe than this team, and it truly is a remarkable achievement to be this collectively bad

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
As much as we struggle offensively, we created enough offense to win.*

*-Assuming we make 73% of our free throws.

Reactions: onewoof

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I’ve seen bad FT shooters at every level, but never in my life have I seen an entire team this inexplicably wretched at the line.

Church league 8-year olds can shoot better from the charity stripe than this team, and it truly is a remarkable achievement to be this collectively bad
It is really embarrassing. UGA had a promotion in the 2nd half where they did an instant shirt give away when we missed 2 consecutive free throws. I think we about ran them out of stock.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
As much as we struggle offensively, we created enough offense to win.*

*-Assuming we make 73% of our free throws.
Also, how many layups and other point-blank shots did we miss around the rim? Besides being horrible free throw shooters, we have no consistent deep threat shooters and no "touch" around the rim. We've got great athletes, but they are not even mediocre basketball players. This is not meant to be taken personally by the players; it's just statistical fact(s).

Reactions: thekimmer

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
This basketball team is horrible. I am hearing Jans is being told to go find an offensive coach with some transfers. This offense is worse than what Rick Ray EVER put out there. I mean they SUCK!!! Never seen so many air balls in my life… and we are talking from less than 4 ft. This is on Jans. At least Howland’s guys could score.
Time for George Brooks to be gone. He can’t recruit… sure as hell can’t close a deal… and is oblivious as a bench coach. And I am trying to be positive.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Jans should force them to shoot granmy shots until their free throw percentage eclipses 50% for 3 straight games.

Reactions: mdm3045

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Tolu needs to take a seat. If the person guarding him is taller than 6’5” he doesn’t stand a chance. Physically it looks like he didn’t do the work in the off season. A product of George Brooks coaching.
Jeffries needs to take a seat just because he is not good at basketball.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I honestly think Tolu would be better off shooting free throws underhanded Rick Barry style.
With the lack of touch it seems like it would be worth a shot to try to bank them in. Also with his shooting motion seems like something that could be corrected. Tinkering with it might make it worse but the potential upside seems to outweigh any downside

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Oct 20, 2022
It is really embarrassing. UGA had a promotion in the 2nd half where they did an instant shirt give away when we missed 2 consecutive free throws. I think we about ran them out of stock.
This should be posted in a locker room and on a practice wall somewhere.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
I think Jan’s is playing the hand he’s got and has us competitive even though our lack of offensive
Talent is glaring. I prefer the all out effort to a bunch of talented guys who didn’t really give a ****. Jan’s is doing fine.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
This basketball team is horrible. I am hearing Jans is being told to go find an offensive coach with some transfers. This offense is worse than what Rick Ray EVER put out there. I mean they SUCK!!! Never seen so many air balls in my life… and we are talking from less than 4 ft. This is on Jans. At least Howland’s guys could score.
Time for George Brooks to be gone. He can’t recruit… sure as hell can’t close a deal… and is oblivious as a bench coach. And I am trying to be positive.
This drivel has been posted about EVERY state bball coach. Try not to overreact much and be pleasantly surprised about defense, hustle, and rebounding. These aren't Jan's players

Aug 22, 2012
It's getting hard to watch. I just don't understand how at this level the free throw shooting is this bad. The defense is elite. Keep taking the under y'all. It's free money. For whatever reason, Vegas refuses to adjust these totals.

Reactions: Dawgg
Aug 22, 2012
It's getting hard to watch. I just don't understand how at this level the free throw shooting is this bad. The defense is elite. Keep taking the under y'all. It's free money. For whatever reason, Vegas refuses to adjust these totals.
And I'm convinced that if we were to scrimmage each other that the first team to 20 would probably win.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Here are our FT stats in SEC games
Alabama: 18-36
Tennessee: 7-17
Ole Miss: 13-26
Georgia: 7-22
Total: 45-101 which is 44.5%
That is about the most pathetic stat I’ve ever seen from a college team. Less than 45% as a team in four SEC games. Embarrassing.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I agree about Brooks mopping around on the sideline acting like a fool. Im tired of seeing his goofy face reactions after all these years of losing basketball games. It’s time for some new fresh faces. Brooks must go.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT JANUARY 17, 2023 - BASKETBALL PROMOTION - DONT MISS IT

If any player on our team makes 2 consecutive free throws, we give away a new car to a random person in the audience.

I am hearing they have 2 cars set aside for this.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
x factor help GIF by X Factor Global

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i just saw that the Miami Heat set an NBA record for most free throw s attempted without a miss .... 40 for 40... that is all

• Wow
Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login