Another OT: Anybody been to Vegas Sphere?

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Looking to go to Dead & Co in a couple weeks.

Question is, are the upper level seats terrible? Most other level tickets are expensive as hell.

Reactions: biodawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Question is, are the upper level seats terrible? Most other level tickets are expensive as hell.
I’ve looked on Reddit about the sphere and it’s a mixed bag of where to sit. The upper sections are much cheaper for sure.

We were looking in to going to see the Eagles and the tickets are outrageous.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008

Friend of mine saw dead there a few months ago. Let me see if I can find a video or pic he sent me. I’ll report back.

eta: there is a screen shot from a video he sent me. Looks like he was sitting under the awning for the upper level. I’d imagine the upper level seats would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: stateu1

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014

I was there last October to see U2. Sat in 305 pretty much center. Perfect for the visuals. The 400 level should be fine. You are going for the sound and visuals. The sound is fantastic.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I have no real interest in Grateful Dead nor Vegas, but those shows in that venue look made for each other, especially if you add in 1 or 2 of Nevada's (legal) gummies.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
been twice and its really not as great as people say. it's new yes and the shine wears off quickly. It's basically a little better than IMAX

be sure to go though and rave about how special you are that others have not been yet but you have been and it is life changing orgasmic, too bad everyone else did not have the grand time you did. this is your social media responsibility. everywhere you go you must strive to create as much online envy/jealousy as possible.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
been twice and its really not as great as people say. it's new yes and the shine wears off quickly. It's basically a little better than IMAX

be sure to go though and rave about how special you are that others have not been yet but you have been and it is life changing orgasmic, too bad everyone else did not have the grand time you did. this is your social media responsibility. everywhere you go you must strive to create as much online envy/jealousy as possible.
I know many people who’ve been there and they’ve liked it.

What I don’t know is if they like it because it’s a group experience with friends or if it’s actually good.

I might go there once just to see what it’s like— but not this year.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016

*Starts off rant with "been twice...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
*Starts off rant with "been twice...
Both times were on business trips and free tickets and will not waste the time again, too many people the second time, just my opinion. Social media makes things bigger than they are, this is one example. So if you are on the fence about it, or if you don't like seeing 20,000 phones out recording, don't bother. Last time I went it seemed it was much more about making sure every online friend they had would see that they went. It's like the lines for the photos of the angel wing murals on the side of building. Imagine 20K of those people, that.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Both times were on business trips and free tickets and will not waste the time again, too many people the second time, just my opinion. Social media makes things bigger than they are, this is one example. So if you are on the fence about it, or if you don't like seeing 20,000 phones out recording, don't bother. Last time I went it seemed it was much more about making sure every online friend they had would see that they went. It's like the lines for the photos of the angel wing murals on the side of building. Imagine 20K of those people, that.
Beer Ok GIF by Busch

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018

I was at the Dead and Co. Show in there about a month ago. Our seats were near the back of the lower level, which was under the deck hanging over us. The overhang blocked our view of a significant portion of the light and image show, which is a big part of the experience. I can’t speak to the upper deck seats other than to say that it’s a really big venue and the upper deck is pretty high up. We would have been much better off if we had been just a few rows lower and out from under the next deck level. They were pretty well organized and the whole entry process and metal detector thing went quickly. If you haven’t gotten a hotel room yet, I recommend the Venetian. There is a walkway connecting the Sphere and Venetian which will be a big help after the show as transportation is a cluster when they let out. The walkway to the Venetian is still about a 15 minute walk for us old folks but still I think the best option. Some great restaurants in the Venetian so PM me if you want any recommendations. I have stayed there several times over the last few years.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I was at the Dead and Co. Show in there about a month ago. Our seats were near the back of the lower level, which was under the deck hanging over us. The overhang blocked our view of a significant portion of the light and image show, which is a big part of the experience. I can’t speak to the upper deck seats other than to say that it’s a really big venue and the upper deck is pretty high up. We would have been much better off if we had been just a few rows lower and out from under the next deck level. They were pretty well organized and the whole entry process and metal detector thing went quickly. If you haven’t gotten a hotel room yet, I recommend the Venetian. There is a walkway connecting the Sphere and Venetian which will be a big help after the show as transportation is a cluster when they let out. The walkway to the Venetian is still about a 15 minute walk for us old folks but still I think the best option. Some great restaurants in the Venetian so PM me if you want any recommendations. I have stayed there several times over the last few years.
Free rooms at Aria. Sounds like we will be heading to the Venetian to gamble after the show....

Death Rattle

Aug 22, 2012

I saw Phish the first night this year. We were on the floor. There aren’t any bad seats really but there is a bit of an overhang obstruction for rows 17-31 of section 100. The ticket should say obstructed view on it.
The only thing about the upper seats is the induced vertigo and your possible fear of heights. The view is great though.

Edit to add, I do recommend going if it’s an artist you enjoy. I thought the venue was incredibly well run and very nice. The views can’t be found in other venues. Take some money and enjoy yourself. They even had servers bringing drinks onto the floor so you didn’t have to move.

Last edited:

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

Went to Dead & Co. Not a big deadhead but the music was great. The venue is incredible. And as mentioned before, those two are made for each other.

Half of my group got their tickets late and sat lower level, half of us sat upper level, so I have an answer: it depends on how much you love the band that's playing. If you're going to see the band, sit lower. If you're going mainly for the experience and don't care about being close, sit up top. My experience was, from up top (400 tier) you could see the whole arena, and it's quite a show. They have close ups of the band on the screen plenty enough so that I didn't even care that I couldn't really see them way down on that little island stage below.

From the lower level, you have a good view of Mayer, Weir and company, but more than half the screen is up above and behind you. You can easily miss the real sphere show unless you're looking up the whole time, which seems like a pain in the neck.

I sort of equated it to sitting on the front row in a theater, but on a 1000x scale.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Went to Dead & Co. Not a big deadhead but the music was great. The venue is incredible. And as mentioned before, those two are made for each other.

Half of my group got their tickets late and sat lower level, half of us sat upper level, so I have an answer: it depends on how much you love the band that's playing. If you're going to see the band, sit lower. If you're going mainly for the experience and don't care about being close, sit up top. My experience was, from up top (400 tier) you could see the whole arena, and it's quite a show. They have close ups of the band on the screen plenty enough so that I didn't even care that I couldn't really see them way down on that little island stage below.

From the lower level, you have a good view of Mayer, Weir and company, but more than half the screen is up above and behind you. You can easily miss the real sphere show unless you're looking up the whole time, which seems like a pain in the neck.

I sort of equated it to sitting on the front row in a theater, but on a 1000x scale.
Exactly what I was looking for. Great info. Thanks.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Free rooms at Aria. Sounds like we will be heading to the Venetian to gamble after the show....
Cool. It’s very nice. I used to go to Vegas once or twice a year to do trade shows. Now that I am retired and can just go to have a good time, it’s actually a lot of fun. Those trade shows were brutal. Stand in the booth all day and had to act like I actually wanted to see those people. Then, afterwards we usually hosted some sort of cocktail party, and then take some customers to dinner. Back up in time to open the booth up before the show. I had to do it because you couldn’t depend on anyone else to actually show up when they were supposed to, or occasionally, at all. Set the booth up before the show, and then tear the booth down and pack it up when it’s over. Again with very little help. I hated those shows. Who knew you could go to Vegas and actually have fun?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
It is awesome. Go if you can. I sat in levels 100 and 400. Both are great but I would think 200 and 300 would be perfect.

At the same time its insane how good it sounds at the very top

Reactions: stateu1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login