Another Recruit is tweeting.... bad vibes

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
This is our reality. If we win some games coming up, it will change. If we don’t, it won’t. If we lose games and administration doesnt step up and cut bait, it will get much worse. Not complicated.
It’s not just about winning games. Recruits don’t like this offense or its direction. We have a handful of current players on the team that hate it as well. The sooner we cut bait with this staff the sooner we can recover.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Nah. No reason to panic. Just wave bye to them. Then we will have a bunch of posts on here about how we only want players that wanna be here blah blah blah. Hailstout is correct. It is what it is. Hard to sell tickets to a sinking ship. Maybe some of yall think it's gonna turn around but I can't see it. After these next 2 games we will see more croots jumping ship. It will become evident we need to cut bait. Sad times

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
For those who lived through the croom years, that is where we are headed. Maybe not as extreme, but same animal. The best thing to do is just to shrug your shoulders and try not to care, because nothing is going to fix it. A complete coaching change is necessary, and IF they hire the right guy it will take several years to right the ship.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Grown men sitting on the edges of their seats over the posting of a single damn emoji by a 17 year old.

Frank Henenlotter Smh GIF by Eternal Family

Oh boy I can't wait, I wonder which hats he'll have sitting on the table at signing day?** And I wonder which school he will go to his 2nd year of college when he transfers?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Grown men sitting on the edges of their seats over the posting of a single damn emoji by a 17 year old.

Frank Henenlotter Smh GIF by Eternal Family

Oh boy I can't wait, I wonder which hats he'll have sitting on the table at signing day?** And I wonder which school he will go to his 2nd year of college when he transfers?
I got all into recrootin for a long time. Can't remember when I finally quit caring, it just sort of happened. I kinda liked when we had one signing day, the system was the system, and you knew what to expect. When they did the December signing day, then the rest of the flood of changes we've seen, I think that's what did it.

Reactions: bulldoghair

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I don't think this may even be about wins and losses or the offense. The reality is that with NIL the price of poker is ever increasing and commitment don't mean anything at this point in time. As some schools win, they get some more donation and go after some guys a bit harder. As schools like Auburn lose, their big guys don't want to fall behind and increase some offers.

Meanwhile, limited resource schools that struggle see funding go down as hopelessness creeps in.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
It isn’t all about NIL. If you dream of making the NFL are you going to go where you get developed and win games or jump in a dumpster fire ?

Reactions: FlotownDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't think this may even be about wins and losses or the offense. The reality is that with NIL the price of poker is ever increasing and commitment don't mean anything at this point in time. As some schools win, they get some more donation and go after some guys a bit harder. As schools like Auburn lose, their big guys don't want to fall behind and increase some offers.

Meanwhile, limited resource schools that struggle see funding go down as hopelessness creeps in.
Ya'll need to chill on the NIL freakout. If that mattered, I'm sure we'd get it done.

These dudes are just following the typical path of high school recruits, ebbs and flows of the season. But for a coach who was hired for continuity and recruiting, he's certainly done the opposite. Changed the offense (and the defense, apparently) and recruiting is falling apart. And last years' class was only #34, and a couple of those have left.

Moreso than ever, you should never hire a coach based on a recruiting class. Although in this case, there were extenuating circumstances. But wow oh wow, I wonder if Arnett ever wakes up and wonders how big of a mess-up it was to change the offense and spend portal time/money on guys to do that. That time and effort could have been spent on the defense.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It’s not just about winning games. Recruits don’t like this offense or its direction. We have a handful of current players on the team that hate it as well. The sooner we cut bait with this staff the sooner we can recover.
That's all true.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It isn’t all about NIL. If you dream of making the NFL are you going to go where you get developed and win games
State has placed numerous DBs in the nfl. We have some playing right now. Two of which played under Arnett.

State won the egg bowl last time we played.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
State has placed numerous DBs in the nfl. We have some playing right now. Two of which played under Arnett.

State won the egg bowl last time we played.
Not sure how Leachs tenure applies to a current recruit. this current staff is a train wreck.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
For those who lived through the croom years, that is where we are headed. Maybe not as extreme, but same animal. The best thing to do is just to shrug your shoulders and try not to care, because nothing is going to fix it. A complete coaching change is necessary, and IF they hire the right guy it will take several years to right the ship.
I disagree on it taking the right coach several years to right the ship. With the portal now, there is no reason it should take a coach years to rebuild a roster.

Reactions: HailStout

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yes the portal can be a quick fix. Colorado is very much a good example. But in order to successfully use the portal you have to be able to properly assess the talent you currently have and realize the holes that need filling. Then you have to find players that can get on the field and fill those holes. If you jump in the portal and sign 5 or 6 guys that don't even get on the field you don't fix anything. I'm not sure this staff can do that

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They are probably showing print outs of the post from this message board.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Not sure how Leachs tenure applies to a current recruit. this current staff is a train wreck.
There are 4 coaches(3 defensive) from the 22 staff on staff in 23. We had two defensive players drafted last year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login