Another year the best team misses NC?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I'm happy you enjoyed it. Do you disagree?
Not sure if I agree or disagree. I DGA17 enough to form an opinion one way or the other. I just dont care enough about UGA to jerk for them. And I dont care enough about any of the 4 teams that did made it to jerk for them.

I just thought your post was funny since its a month late. Like what...have you been sitting on this of the last month just waiting to post it early in the morning after the first two CFP games were played?
The subject seems a touch played out, since it was debated a month ago by all the people that cared.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hard for me to deny that Michigan or Washington aren't the right teams, from what I've seen. I can't really call who will win this game. And Alabama solidly beat Georgia in the SEC title game.

If the SEC wants to stop that from happening, they need to cancel the title game.

Who cares who the best team is anyway? I'd rather see the teams who actually win the championship.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Hard for me to deny that Michigan or Washington aren't the right teams, from what I've seen. I can't really call who will win this game. And Alabama solidly beat Georgia in the SEC title game.

If the SEC wants to stop that from happening, they need to cancel the title game.

Who cares who the best team is anyway? I'd rather see the teams who actually win the championship.
Definitely sets up the 12 team playoff doesn't it? Good point about caring who the best team is. I was happy to see UW and UM win in the playoffs. I had to hold my nose to pull for Michigan. Now I'd like to see Washington upset Michigan.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Not sure if I agree or disagree. I DGA17 enough to form an opinion one way or the other. I just dont care enough about UGA to jerk for them. And I dont care enough about any of the 4 teams that did made it to jerk for them.

I just thought your post was funny since its a month late. Like what...have you been sitting on this of the last month just waiting to post it early in the morning after the first two CFP games were played?
The subject seems a touch played out, since it was debated a month ago by all the people that cared.
Good points. I didn't think UGA deserved to be in the CFP so I didn't argue for them on here. I still think FSU should have been included. I was simply commenting that I think UGA is the best team right now. It underscores how hard it is to crown a national champion in college football even with playoffs. Before the playoffs there were multiple national champions named by various sports news organizations. This year's NC will be either UW or UM.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Good points. I didn't think UGA deserved to be in the CFP so I didn't argue for them on here. I still think FSU should have been included. I was simply commenting that I think UGA is the best team right now.
Oh, well fair enough then. Yeah I get what you are saying now.

At least the expanded playoff will solve all this.**

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

I see that glfr's new years resolutions didn't make it past the second day.

patdog

May 28, 2007

They're the only two undefeated teams. Can't argue too much with that. I get the Georgia argument, but Georgia had their chance. Only team that might have gotten screwed was Florida St., but 20 opt outs says they don't care, and they weren't beating Georgia even with those players.

Reactions: thekimmer

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean Georgia had their chance and blew it in their home state against a very beatable Bama team. Win that game and they’re in no problem. But they didn’t. And had no case over any of the teams picked ahead of them.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Personally I believe UGA is the best team. UW and UM will be playing for the NC while they watch.
What about Georgia’s resume makes them better than Michigan or Washington? I can get behind Michigan not playing a challenging schedule, outside of Ohio state. But Washington played a very difficult schedule and still went undefeated.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The best team in the country is the second best team in the SEC.

Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Everyone loves upsets and Cinderella’s in the basketball tournament. But when it happens in football?

1704213038033.gif

To be clear, not a damn team left is a Cinderella. And how the hell are we still arguing for UGA????

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
To be clear, not a damn team left is a Cinderella.
I would argue for Washington, see my thread I started on them about their recrootin. But even still, they absolutely deserve to be where they are.

The issue stems from BEST vs. DESERVING. They can be 2 different things. First, you have to define "best".

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
What's amazing is bama led by 7 with 4 minutes to go. With all the bad snaps, many qb sacks, poor throws and just being beat physically they still could have won the game.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
What's amazing is bama led by 7 with 4 minutes to go. With all the bad snaps, many qb sacks, poor throws and just being beat physically they still could have won the game.
What's more amazing is that neither team could really capitalize on the other's mistakes.

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If Michigan had just adequate special teams, it wouldn't have been in doubt.

What's funny is that everybody is blaming Milroe, but honestly, he's the only reason they were in the game to me. They just essentially told him to go run the ball.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Everyone loves upsets and Cinderella’s in the basketball tournament. But when it happens in football?

View attachment 494565

To be clear, not a damn team left is a Cinderella. And how the hell are we still arguing for UGA????
Who is arguing for UGA? I just stated that I believe they are the best team right now. The NC is between UW and UM. I don't remember capitalizing anything in my post so I no loss of mind was indicated. Just stated an opinion.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login