Any bush experts out there?

Aug 23, 2012
I’m trying to kill the root systems of 3 crepe myrtles. Burned one stump, poisoned all. Still shooting up out of the exterior root system. Is there any way to kill these things without digging up the entire root system? I know most people consider them trees but I consider them invasive ****** bushes. I loathe them as much as Newman loathes Keith Hernandez.

was21

May 29, 2007
I’m trying to kill the root systems of 3 crepe myrtles. Burned one stump, poisoned all. Still shooting up out of the exterior root system. Is there any way to kill these things without digging up the entire root system? I know most people consider them trees but I consider them invasive ****** bushes. I loathe them as much as Newman loathes Keith Hernandez.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
IMG_7718.jpeg

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Updyke it. Go rent a mini ex. Some of the hardest wood in nature.
Seriously, inject roots with kill in a 1ft buffer around the trunk.

inject deep into root system

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
About August when it is really hot and hasn’t rained in about 3 weeks give the stumps a good dose of diesel fuel to drink. I have killed Osage Orange like that and that stuff is almost unkillable.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I've been fighting the same problem for 2 seasons now. Best thing I've found is paint brushing on roundup on the leaves. I have a straw that I stuck paper towel into and use it as a brush. Works well for tactical applications.

It does kill the shoots, but they still come back. Good news is I can tell I'm slowing it down. Not as many shoots as the growing season goes on.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Tanerite around base of stump and back up some, no about twice that far, and shoot it.

Hope it ain’t too close to house. If you in city limits you might want to make a quick trip around the block, before the cops get there.

Reactions: josebrown

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I remember back in the good old days I saw knew a woman who had an AB shirt that said "If you like my mountains you'll love my bush." Now its "Don't let these small fake hills fool you."

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I remember back in the good old days I saw knew a woman who had an AB shirt that said "If you like my mountains you'll love my bush." Now its "Don't let these small fake hills fool you."
I heard it as "to hell w/ your mountains show me your bush.............."

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
scary movie total film GIF

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Only two things I know about crepe myrtles:

1) 17 crepe myrtles.

2) There’s a term for when you over-prune them that is called “crepe-murder” because they grow back looking like crap. I’ve always found that term offensive, because it implies that they can actually be killed.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I’m trying to kill the root systems of 3 crepe myrtles. Burned one stump, poisoned all. Still shooting up out of the exterior root system. Is there any way to kill these things without digging up the entire root system? I know most people consider them trees but I consider them invasive ****** bushes. I loathe them as much as Newman loathes Keith Hernandez
Not an “expert” by any definition, but you need a chemical called imazapyr. Final answer….

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I haven’t had to deal with a “bush” since about 1985, thankfully. “Bush” is soooo 1985, after all. In 1986 we had to deal with tbe “landing strip”, but after that we didn’t have to deal with that any more. Things have been a lot less complicated since those days…..

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Get a Bushwhacker....better to sneak up on those things...damn they can bite

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login