Anybody know of another viewing angle of this hit on TULU?

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
The kicker ducked his head but the hit was all shoulder, if that's what you're driving at...

blackjackdog3

Aug 23, 2012
Should’ve been reviewed for targeting. I believe targeting should only be applied to receiver catching the ball and the defensive player is trying to decapitate the receiver by hitting him in the head with his helmet:

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I was just curious what could be seen from a different angle. He definitely lowered his head and was trying to earhole him. Kicker did similar later in the game again. He was definitely looking to sow his oats out there.

If anybody from State has hit him that hard on “block” during the kick, I’d expect a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty since kickers always get protected.

Doesn’t matter. Was just curious.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
There is a video button and you paste the url to the video in the form.

On all of the following kickoffs, I would have put in the biggest hitter of my 3rd string LBs on the return team, and we'd pay him back for that.

Go ahead and target him. You're a 3rd stringer.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I never thought about targeting, but watching it live I was surprised it wasn’t a late hit. It’s not as late on the replay as I thought it was live, but you normally aren’t going to get away with that on the other teams sideline. I think the fact he was the Kicker likely saved him, in all seriousness

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login