Anyone attend the baseball scrimmages

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Our potching looks great but I'm afraid our pitching is going to suck again since we are still working with the same staff plus a transfer from Purdue, Miami and DII "Young Harris College" wherever that is. Unless Justin Parker is a miracle worker I'm afraid we aren't going to be much improved........

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Our potching looks great but I'm afraid our pitching is going to suck again since we are still working with the same staff plus a transfer from Purdue, Miami and DII "Young Harris College" wherever that is. Unless Justin Parker is a miracle worker I'm afraid we aren't going to be much improved........
Young Harris College is in Young Harris, GA. Home of the late Zell Miller, former DEM gov of GA who famously stated at the GOP convention referring to DEM candidate John Kerry's consistent opposition to various arms systems, the famous line, "Armed forces armed with what? Spitballs?

But to our BB team. It is hard to come to any judgement at this time but I am inclined to judge any success they have against our hitters as evidence of a hitting issue not pitching strength.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ya'll take negativity to a new level. Do ya'll NEVER think that we can get better?

Ya'll also thought we wouldn't get better from 2015 to 2016, which has strikingly similar characteristics to this year. Not to mention we still have a national title winning coach who has seen what works and doesn't work, up close and personal, over the past 5 years. Odds alone say we will be a regional team at worst.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Ya'll take negativity to a new level. Do ya'll NEVER think that we can get better?

Ya'll also thought we wouldn't get better from 2015 to 2016, which has strikingly similar characteristics to this year. Not to mention we still have a national title winning coach who has seen what works and doesn't work, up close and personal, over the past 5 years. Odds alone say we will be a regional team at worst.

Some would call me a pessimist, but, I prefer "realist" . I don't try and sugar coat it for others or have unnecessary expectations.

Good example here. You go back and look at your post from 7/31/23 at 2:45 p.m. I'll save you the time, it says "Mark my words this is going to be an incredible year for the Big 3 sports"

There's just no evidence to support that claim for 2 of the 3 sports, only hope was for basketball and now our best player is out for the first part of the season a month before it even starts. You go on living in your fantasy world and I'll live in my real one and you'll be the disappointed one and I'll be ok.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Some would call me a pessimist, but, I prefer "realist" . I don't try and sugar coat it for others or have unnecessary expectations.

Good example here. You go back and look at your post from 7/31/23 at 2:45 p.m. I'll save you the time, it says "Mark my words this is going to be an incredible year for the Big 3 sports"

There's just no evidence to support that claim for 2 of the 3 sports, only hope was for basketball and now our best player is out for the first part of the season a month before it even starts. You go on living in your fantasy world and I'll live in my real one and you'll be the disappointed one and I'll be ok.
Sounds like being jaded. And I'm more of the realist, you are simply negative. So I missed in football, shlt happens, we all know the reasons, and the possibility was there. The fact that the fans showed up to buy season shows that most folks expected an up year.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sounds like being jaded. And I'm more of the realist, you are simply negative. So I missed in football, shlt happens, we all know the reasons, and the possibility was there. The fact that the fans showed up to buy season shows that most folks expected an up year.
I consider myself a realist as well. However, as we all know being a State fan will tend you toward pessimism. I expected us to do well in all 3 sports. I was happy we promoted Arnett but concerned that he dismissed the offensive coaching staff. I felt sure that our defense would give us time to adapt to the new offense Barbay was installing. Now it looks like we need the new offense to give the defense time to adapt to Brock. I feel like he has lost control of the program. I never expected that!

I didn't get to attend the baseball scrimmages and was curious if anyone had insight. I read that our pitchers really like the new pitching coach. Whether that translates to the field remains to be seen.

I think we will be OK in basketball until Tolu comes back as long as he's back for SEC play.

I asked an optimistic friend how he could stay so positive all the time with State sports. His answer: "Well, after years of suffering through disappointment I realized being optimistic is the better alternative. Nobody enjoys being around a negative fan."

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

I am admittedly pessimistic about baseball and that is because the HC was already given a mulligan after a last place finish where he promised everything would be fixed and same result occurred. That HC was not relieved of his duties so I am solidly pessimistic until proven otherwise.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login