, Anyone else happy to see Vandy get destroyed?

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
I sure was. 17 their fans right in the ear for booing Jamont hurt on the court.

At least UK gave their opponent a good game.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
by 20 points. That's pathetic. I know we were upset as a higher seed in the past but the games were close and Butler went to the Sweet 16. If Sienna beats their next opponent handily I guess I'll change my mind, but Vandy's loss is a pretty big choke job.

RunsLikeADeere

Mar 14, 2008
vandy getting destroyed just makes the SEC look weak

its senseless to pull against the SEC in post-season play (unless that SEC school is playing MSU)

TR.sixpack

Feb 14, 2008
I couldn't give 2 ***** what the rest of the SEC does, especially after what happened in Nashville.

It's not like we get a cut of the NCAA tourney money.

RunsLikeADeere

Mar 14, 2008
TR said:
I couldn't give 2 ***** what the rest of the SEC does, especially after what happened in Nashville.

It's not like we get a cut of the NCAA tourney money.

</p> if the SEC has a bad showing overall, then MSU's season loses credibility, which impacts recruting, etc etc

....and also think through that "money" statement a little further.

B

BillBrasky10

Why the <17> would you pull against a team out of the SEC. Except for Ole Miss you should always pull for SEC teams in the dance. To see Vandy get destroyed speaks directly to the downfall of the SEC this year in basketball. This is a BAD thing. Not a good thing.

So no I was not happy to see Vandy play like a bunch of pussies.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
the SEC's "downfall" is pretty obvious to everyone around the country this year and doesn't take a couple of tournament losses to reflect that. The conference hovered around 5-6th the whole year in RPI, and the team with the worst regular season conference record won the conference tournament.

Why should we give 2 ***** about what any other SEC teams in the conference do anyway? Do you think LSU fans gave a damn if we won the liberty bowl this year or not considering they were playing for a national title? I can guarantee you most of them didn't. Do you think Florida cared if we won the NIT last year on their run? Who cares what the other teams in the conference are doing. If we make it farther than them, if anything, it legitimizes us as the best team in the conference if we make it farther than they do and HELPS us in recruiting, not that we need much help in that department anyway.

and considering how Vandy fans acted when we've played up here in recent years(booing Jamont, yelling murderer at Roberts), I will never hope they win at basketball, ever.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
-Do we get any more money from the SEC for every school that advances?

-I'll support every SEC school that voted to reinstate the cowbell.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Mutt the Hoople said:
-Do we get any more money from the SEC for every school that advances?

Actually, we do get more money for every SEC school that advances.</p>

B

BillBrasky10

You should always pull for your conference. What would make you want to pull for some team out west over a team in the SEC? Like I said, unless its Ole Miss, you should pull for them. Your decision though. I dont give two ***** who you pull for.

TR.sixpack

Feb 14, 2008
Using YOUR logic, I should pull for every team in the SEC including Ole Miss.

Except for Ole Miss you should always pull for SEC teams in the dance.
I pull for whoever the hell I want to pull for. The SEC will be good or bad regardless of who I root for. Unless the outcome of another game directly affects MSU (standings, tie breakers, etc.) I generally root against SECW teams. Like Sutter said, do you think the rest of the league gives a <17> about us?

TR.sixpack

Feb 14, 2008
they give a <17> what people think about the CUSA? All I care about is MSU....if you want to worry about the rest of the league, have at it.

B

BillBrasky10

I pull for SEC teams if they are playing non SEC teams. Except Ole Miss. Its worked for me and it will continue to.

I dont give a **** who you pull for.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login