Anyone else ready for baseball?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Since our men's and women's basketball teams have given up on scoring.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I wouldn't expect too much from baseball either. Will be better than last year but not near a championship season (unless other program catch the injury bug like we did last year). Ranked outside the top 20 is pretty low for us.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I wouldn't expect too much from baseball either. Will be better than last year but not near a championship season (unless other program catch the injury bug like we did last year). Ranked outside the top 20 is pretty low for us.
The main thing that's gonna suck this year is being patient (if that's possible) while watch everyone else hammers out wins. I feel like we'll take a SLIGHT step forward this year but we'll have to wait a while until Lemonis gets everything consistent. Being Captain Obvious here, but it's gonna be another year where either the pitching is garbage or the hitting is.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
How does STATE compare to the rest of the SEC in terms of 6 transfers in the top 100 transfers? Wasn't last year a complete abomination one off? Why would one expect us to not be a lot better than last year's schit show?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
To me, Gartman and Larry will be the 2 key transfers that can jumpstart us. Hoping Gartman could hold down the Saturday or Sunday SEC starting job. Larry could give us the best leadoff hitter role. Nixon could factor in, but he's still a question mark in my mind. He was inconsistent for Texas, but has the stuff to help us in the bullpen IF he's on. After that, hopefully Ledbetter can continue his hitting vs SEC level pitching. Even with these transfers, still too many questions if the team will jell at the right time. OOC games will be critical this year. We need to load up as many wins as possible before SEC play to have a chance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login