Anyone else watching this cat from Oakland wearing out Kentucky's D

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
Their coach is great too...asked about his shooter making 7 3's, he said he'll need to make 7 more next half if they want to win.

Asked what his advice is for the guy....he said "Keep shooting !"

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yes. And I hope he transfers to Starkville.
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
So this is the second time in the last 2-3 years I had to look up who was beating Kentucky. First St. Peter's, and now Oakland. This one is in Michigan, apparently in suburban Detroit. I honestly have never heard of this school.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is making me think that good shooters are important to have on a team.
Yeah. That’s kind of the whole point of the sport. We’ve historically had a lot of athletes playing basketball. Which you need some of those. But you better have some guys that can put the ball in the basket consistently.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Yeah. That’s kind of the whole point of the sport. We’ve historically had a lot of athletes playing basketball. Which you need some of those. But you better have some guys that can put the ball in the basket consistently.
We need some guys that can penetrate the defense. I

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
At least one of my teams won. My aunt worked at Oakland library for many years. Way to go Grizzlies!
I was thinking someone here had said they have an Oakland connection.

We played them in basketball several years ago.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007

What we really need are guys who KNOW basketball. We have had good shooters and have had good athletes, which I agree we need both of, but we have RARELY had guys who know the game of basketball.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
What we really need are guys who KNOW basketball. We have had good shooters and have had good athletes, which I agree we need both of, but we have RARELY had guys who know the game of basketball.
Very good point.

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
Where the 17 was this Reed Shepherd a few weeks ago in Starkville?
Oakland's defense in general was much better than States. I know we pride ourselves on our defense, but teams get a ton (ALOT) of open looks against our vaunted D.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login