Anyone remember Arik Gilbert?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The can’t miss 5* TE that was a mix of Gronk, Tony Gonzalez, and Kelce? I was watching some of this Georgia game and thought to myself, didn’t that guy transfer to Georgia? What happened to him?

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Yes I remember him he caught 2 td's I think in the KJ600 game vs us. One was a total joke pass by Brennan, he just threw it up for grabs in the end zone. Gilbert plucked it no problem cause he's a big sob. No clue what happened to him. Sorry, probably could google it.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
As long as Brock Bowers is there, Gilbert’s going to have a hard time seeing the field

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
So few modern offenses utilize the TE in their offense that good TEs have basically like 5 schools to choose from.

TEs should absolutely never be 5 stars or even really above a 95 rated player.

If TEs were really 5 stars, they play far more lucrative positions like DE & LT, which should fit their body types

Sep 12, 2013
I thought I Heard his name pop up in an NFL game. Can’t remember.

ETA: nope I was wrong. He’s still with Georgia.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
The can’t miss 5* TE that was a mix of Gronk, Tony Gonzalez, and Kelce? I was watching some of this Georgia game and thought to myself, didn’t that guy transfer to Georgia? What happened to him?

"Arik Gilbert is not with the Georgia football team ahead of its Week 3 game against South Carolina, according to multiple reports.Gilbert was not seen at No. 1 Georgia's pre-game warm-ups with the tight end group, which included Darnell Washington, Brock Bowers, Ryland Goede, and Oscar Delp."

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...ilbert-georgia-football-south-carolina-update

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login