Anyone use a 3rd party app for Twitter?

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Apparently a bunch of them just stopped working yesterday (including the one I use) and Twitter hasn't responded to any inquiries about the outage. I always thought it was weird that Twitter published APIs that allowed 3rd applications to use tweets outside of Twitter's offical applications. Seems like Elon might have finally pulled the plug on them.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Apparently a bunch of them just stopped working yesterday (including the one I use) and Twitter hasn't responded to any inquiries about the outage. I always thought it was weird that Twitter published APIs that allowed 3rd applications to use tweets outside of Twitter's offical applications. Seems like Elon might have finally pulled the plug on them.

I did. Looks like that run is over. Twitter app is just so bad. But yeah I never understood why those third party apps could even exist.

Reactions: onewoof

99dawg

Jul 9, 2011
I read something the other day about a large batch of new features coming to the twitter app. It is possible that the changes made impacted the communication of the API with these 3rd party tools and they (twitter) may have either not seen it coming or did a bad job communicating some downtime for those tools.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login