Apparently and FINALLY players only meeting!?

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
This was posted in Hells Cow Bells stories today. Must have happened right after Thursdays game...Make of it as you will but at least it sounds like FINALLY someone had the balls to call this amongst them:

Screenshot_20230401-120921_Instagram.jpg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sometimes a players only meeting is one where things get sorted out and the seasons turns around. Sometimes it’s a lame attempt that doesn't change anything. I’m not optimistic.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This was posted in Hells Cow Bells stories today. Must have happened right after Thursdays game...Make of it as you will but at least it sounds like FINALLY someone had the balls to call this amongst them:

View attachment 324307
I can’t think of a single case where a player only meeting was a good sign. Seems to me they are acts of desperation. I’m sure I’m missing at least one case where a POM didn’t simply point to the inevitable.

Reactions: patdog

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I remember in 2018 the football team had players only meeting the week of the Florida game after the Kentucky debacle

Reactions: onewoof

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Luke reportedly had some things to say and said them with some base in his chest.

This reminds me of the fantastic 80's cheese ball movie Iron Eagle. It's like the scene where Chappy challenges Doug Masters to be more of a man and give his radio calls from deep down in his chest. From that moment on Doug Masters was invincible!.... he killed scores of combatants, blew up countless enemy installations and crippled the entire oil production industry of a rogue middle east nation while rescuing his dad!

Now, they DID take out Chappy Sinclair at El Karim... but still..

I absolutely love it! This is the thing that will save the season! More base in Luke Hancock's voice....

/honestly... who writes sh it like that?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

View attachment 324307
Players only meeting is not going to help this team. No meeting or coaching is going to help this team. This team has a void of talent in the bullpen. If the bullpen was at least average, this team would be better… not good but better.

Besides, this sorta **** is meaningless in baseball. I know some of you guys think it matters and love the rah rah **** but all the pep talk and leadership in the world does not matter if you don’t have the talent to play at this level, and too many of our guys don’t.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Players only meeting is not going to help this team. No meeting or coaching is going to help this team. This team has a void of talent in the bullpen. If the bullpen was at least average, this team would be better… not good but better.

Besides, this sorta **** is meaningless in baseball. I know some of you guys think it matters and love the rah rah **** but all the pep talk and leadership in the world does not matter if you don’t have the talent to play at this level, and too many of our guys don’t.

totally agree. Seen too many posts about lack of leadership. Team doesn’t have a leadership Problem. It has a TALENT problem.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login